Ask Ken at Palisades

gringo

Reaction score
Sweet news. That is gonna be one huge package.

Ken, did series 2 already ship from China?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Actually that's the way it ends up working out...when something is pushed back we all whine and cry foul...
I didn't hear anybody else whining or crying foul ?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
You read my mind Luke.

Because of fans like "Beaker", I can't help but forsee poor Ken eventually taking the same road as other people "in-the-know" and silently fading away to never be heard from again. Stay with us Ken. Please don't punish us all for the actions of "the red-headed step child."

*I apologize in advance to any red-heads out there.

Oh and btw, "Beaker"..do you have a preference for smaller figures? You didn't make that clear in your last 1000 posts.:wink:

-Artie

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
What figure (that you are allowed to say) are you most excited to see in the stores. Muppet line or not?

Believe it or not, the single non-Muppet figures I am looking forward to the most this year is the Treebeard and Sauron from LOTR: The Two Towers. Also really want to get my hands on Marvel Legends Series 2.

Treebeard should be an exciting figure to see! Can't wait to see the Ents on the big screen!

I hear Sauron is a tall action figure. 15 inches! If I am not mistaken. I am also excited to see Gollum as a figure - if we do?

But anyhow back the ever fabulously fantactic Muppet figures...
How many numbers roughly are made of one figure, for a series?
Example folks on ebay are bragging that only 5000 Long hair Piggys were made for production?

Blinky

Reaction score
Here's a question, how would a guy like me go about sneaking into toyfair 2003?

Palisades wouldn't need volunteers would they?

I kid I kid...

But seriously let me know :wink:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Because of fans like "Beaker", I can't help but forsee poor Ken eventually taking the same road as other people "in-the-know" and silently fading away to never be heard from again. Stay with us Ken. Please don't punish us all for the actions of "the red-headed step child."

Remember that Beaker was using levity, and not being serious. There is absolutely no danger of me misinterpreting that or getting cheesed by ANY kind of comment, good or bad. So it's all good.

How many numbers roughly are made of one figure, for a series?
Example folks on ebay are bragging that only 5000 Long hair Piggys were made for production?

It really varies, depending on the figure. But there were 10,000 Piggy's made, not 5000. But there are 500 Teeth's from Wizard World. So it really depends on the figure and where it's sold.

Here's a question, how would a guy like me go about sneaking into toyfair 2003?

Toy Fair is hugely different than the cons. It is for industry and press primarily. But some have snuck in...as industry and press. But it's really hard to do. This is why the websites and mags get so much fervor around TF time. Cause they are really the only ones that can get in and get pics taken.

Blinky

Reaction score
Thanks Ken,

That gives me four monthes to start my own reputable toy magazine. Wish me luck everyone.

And for the record I will be content to bide my time until the Banditos come out, would all three come with this Theoretical Chef exclusive next summer or would they be spread out between CC, Pack-ins etc.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
This is why the websites and mags get so much fervor around TF time. Cause they are really the only ones that can get in and get pics taken.
In the UK, we don't even let the websites in ..... ha ha HA ! Anybody can start a website and i don't really regard them as press - i busted my butt for a press pass at the start !

While i think we all know Beaker/Cory is such a passionate and very over-excited and hungry fan (which is great) he would probably do well to realise that sometimes the way he writes his comments can be misinterpreted as demanding or rude - i know he means well but he's been here long enough to know the score.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
cool..I like Ents! I cant' wait for treebeard either..although some of the LOTR figures have been kind of disappointing to me...

hmmm..lobster banditos...hmm...30 bucks to join club....hmmmm...

well, I've got a while to think about it, eh? Any idea what the exclusive chef would be like???

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe

well, I've got a while to think about it, eh? Any idea what the exclusive chef would be like???
My guess, since I believe Ken mentioned this possibility before, is that it would be a "messy" chef repaint variant.