Ask Ken at Palisades

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
FOZZI3-

We didn't say that Henson wasn't allowing Palisades to make the figure. Frogboy also said he might have been mistaken when he said that Henson wasn't that supportive of the idea. What we DO know for certain is that Mahna Mahna is not covered by the current contract. That can mean several things (well, it means one concrete thing, but in the long run could mean more things.) I don't know how many series (how do you pluralize this word?) the current contract covers. I don't know if contracts get revised. I don't know if the contract will be extended if the series calls for a longer line than the current contract covers. I don't know if they'll draw up another contract when they've exhausted everything from the first one. I don't know how it works.

Ken has said Mahna Mahna would be a very challenging sculpt. This is probably true, and yet the other figures look good so it seems Palisades and its sculptors are capable of rising to a challenge, and if Mahna Mahna becomes a new challenge set before them, then by gum I think he could shape up to be one of the real prize figures of the line! They've done curly hair on Piggy's and Dr. Teeth's head, just like Mahna Mahna has on his body; they've done the 'hole eyes' on Floyd; they've done wilder hairs on Floyd, Crazy Harry and Animal. It's all there and they've proven it can be done; all that's left is to put it all together. I think just because it's not in the current contract doesn't mean it's out the gate. Remember back on the old board when we asked him about odds on various figs and he gave us those percentages? Well, many of those were not covered by the contract either, but he still put numbers other than 0.

Take it as you will.

One last thing to the others: nuts to anybody who tries to vote down the Koozebane playset. We'll get the necessaries- Muppet Labs, Pigs in Space, Vet's Hospital, the Swedish Chef's kitchen, a Muppet News backdrop, and there's still room for Koozebane. Just let it be. It's not like any of the other ideas one could replace it with would be much more prominent or profitable. Plus, you don't want to spend all the biggies in the first few series so you don't have any left for later! I've said my peace; I must go now. I've got leftovers from my uncle's barbecue in the fridge.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Floyd Repaint

Wow Just Saw the Floyd repaint :eek: Im defenitly ordering a case!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Jeez...you leave the board for a few hours and get slammed with questions.

muppetlabs
The seller's description made me think of a few questions Ken. Are the collector's club VC Beakers going to be in the same packaging?

They will be in the exact same packaging as the Chicago toy. You wanted a WW Exclusive...that's what you be getting. Same package, same fig, same price.

Bean Bunny
Any chance of talking with Disney about making special execlusive figure for the parks based off Muppet Vision 3-D.

Considering they only ordered 10 cases of Series One product for their store, the odds probably are against it.

Ebersole...what do you want from me...blood? :smile:

On Statler & Waldorf: are they/will they be jointed so they can actually sit in their chairs?

Yes.

On a similar note will Tux Rowlf be able to sit since you've got the tux to cover the joints a bit better?

He will have a T-crotch joint, but since I ain't making a bench, he will be sitting on a chair made of air.

The kitchen playset sounds packed. It also sounds like it would have to exceed the dimensions of the first two. Are the dimensions any different, and if so by how much?

It is only a little larger than the first two. But EM is much taller than the Kitchen.

One last thing: how are things on Koozebane?

Oh if only that were the last thing, Thog Boy. Koozebane is fine. The Kermit is being sculpted now, the playset will be started shortly. There is only one thing that would cause the set to be slightly delayed to a future series...but I ain't tellin'. SO far it is still scheduled for Series 5.

On size, can you or anyone else tell me who is the biggest fig so far (excepting Sweetums if he's been sculpted yet) and how big is it?

Define so far. Produced or in the pipe? IN the pipe would be Chef, but I don't have final sizes on him yet. But let's settle the Sweetums debate. I'm thinking of ten inches. (That's what SHE said...ba-DUM-bump.)

BTW, Frogboy said in another thread that not only did you not have the rights to Mahna Mahna and the two Snowths (which I knew) but also that Henson wasn't very supportive of the idea. Is this true, and if so how come?

They are supportive of it. They just want what you want...for other more important characters to be released before we go down that road.

Hey, is Wizard World just a toy convention or is there more?

It is actually primarily a comic convention. Toy companies go because its the same core audience more or less.

dr. gorry
I WENT THERE TODAY!!!!!i picked up two beakers,one for moi and one for Warrick.ken please tell me the animal will be boxed like this

Animal will be boxed like this.

FOZZI3B3AR Hiya, Yessirrrr!!
Ken, ever had Byron sing you a song before you go to sleep?

Ummm....no.

Gorgon Heap
It's not like any of the other ideas one could replace it with would be much more prominent or profitable. Plus, you don't want to spend all the biggies in the first few series so you don't have any left for later!

Agreed...in fact, you really don't know what next year has in store. The entire line-up could change dramatically...you...just...never...know.

Ken

Mr DeFrog

Reaction score
curiousity

Hi, all, first time writer, long time reader. Just curious cause never caught how. But HOW in fact, do you join this Muppets club with the exclusive figures and the like? It was probably already said before but I never seen it. Thanx.

Mr. DeFrog

dr. gorry

Reaction score
Re: Floyd Repaint

Originally posted by Aerosmith
Wow Just Saw the Floyd repaint :eek: Im defenitly ordering a case!
how?how?how?TELL ME HOW! i wanna see!

Rufus

Reaction score
Since Koozebane has been brought up, and the Kermit for that is in the process of being sculpted, here's my question/request:

Will the reporter Kermit have a different facial expression than the regular Kermit? I was hoping this Kermit would have a "closed mouth", to give the reporter version a little more serious tone than the regular one. Plus, it sucks when different versions of a character are done but the same head and expression are used over and over (*cough*Simpsons*cough*).

- R -

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You know why that happens? Likeness, icon issues with licensed product. I don't think I can convince the powers that be to let me do a closed mouth version...yet. But I am working on it.

Got a report from the show...the Beaker sold like gangbusters today. People just really seem to dig that one. And in other news the SDCC Animal may not happen. FREAKIN factory "forgot" to start the tooling when instructed. After today's "win" with the kitchen I knew I was due for another loss in this WOH, and that may be the final kick in the teeth I was due this week. Man I hate these factories...

I'll know tomorrow if it can be delivered in time but if it can't I gotta come up with a Plan B and like pronto.

dr. gorry

Reaction score
:eek: that floyd is awesome :eek:
ME WANTEE!and ken will series 2 have silver bases like they do in the pics?and man you've had more things gone wrong than dick dastardly.lol.

MM-III

Reaction score
Ken,

This might seem like a dumb question but could you "fire" your factory?

I don't mean all at once... let them finish what they're already working on so as not to disrupt the line and meanwhile find another factory?

All I know is that any factory who acts as unprofessionally as that one would instantly get the boot in my book. Of course, maybe they're all like that?