Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I used to really enjoy the Arthur books. As a kid, I remember wondering why some books (The April Fools Day book, the Thanksgiving book) never made their way to TV. Anyway, Marc Brown's early Arthur drawings (back when Arthur had a giant nose) always fascinated me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the problem with a Thanksgiving episode is that it may cause some confusion, as the show is co-produced in Canada, and Canada's Thanksgiving is not the same as American Thanksgiving.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I used to really enjoy the Arthur books. As a kid, I remember wondering why some books (The April Fools Day book, the Thanksgiving book) never made their way to TV. Anyway, Marc Brown's early Arthur drawings (back when Arthur had a giant nose) always fascinated me.
Actually, they never made any episodes based on any of the Holiday related books. Not Valentines Day, not Christmas (they had a Christmas special, and strangely a book based off of that, but it wasn't based on the story), not Halloween (despite the fact it introduced Mrs. Tibble... but then again, just watch Fat Albert's Halloween Special of the Nelvana produced Berenstain Bears "Trick or Treat" episode... that Arthur and Berenstain Book are ripoffs of Fat Albert's plot anyway). So it's just a tradition of not having holiday themed episodes, until Francine and the Pilfered Paper and Hic or Treat.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just really started to get to watch episodes on Netflix, pretty much the only place I can find it anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yay, as it turns out, we're getting another good/classic episode today, it's about time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The question still remains: is Ladonna Compson going to be a one-shot character (like the wheelchair girl, or George's Asperger's friend), or is she going to end up being a semi-regular fixture (like the Molinas, or Marina)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Carl was used in 2 episodes. The second time was when Buster builds a rocket and George brings Carl along saying "If there's anyone who you'd need on a project, it's him." Out of the entire meh-ness of that episode, I really liked how they showed how the thorough knowledge and incredible attention to detail in certain subjects that comes with Asperger's comes in very very useful. Plus, it shows him socializing with others. That's a pretty uplifiting message, if you ask me.

But Lydia Fox I could care less about. I kinda dug her at first, but the more I watch the episode, the more she turns into Lola Bunny to Brain's Bugs Bunny.

Ladonna could very easily be a staple character or disappear for good. She could ALSO very well become the show's new Scrappy. And they have that with Binky's annoying brat sister, Mei Lin. She's fine as a baby, but when they do one of those lame talking Kate and Pal episodes, she's completely insufferable.

And hopefully Cheik never returns either.

Hubert

Reaction score
The question still remains: is Ladonna Compson going to be a one-shot character (like the wheelchair girl, or George's Asperger's friend), or is she going to end up being a semi-regular fixture (like the Molinas, or Marina)?
I am thinking that Ladonna will turn out a bit like Carl...who, as Drtooth said, has appeared once after his initial appearance and maybe more later on, yet not to the extent of the intitial appearance. Like, I think she will be used again later as maybe a minor character, yet no where near the extent of the Molinas or Marina.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also have to wonder too, if she's supposed to be from Louisiana, can we expect her to have a highly exaggerated and un-realistic-sounding southern accent? Well, probably not too highly exaggerated or un-realistic... it seems like when actors fake a southern accent, they sound more like Cajuns than they do an actual southern from, say, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, or the Carolinas, and I know Louisiana is big Cajun region, so yeah.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also have to wonder too, if she's supposed to be from Louisiana, can we expect her to have a highly exaggerated and un-realistic-sounding southern accent? Well, probably not too highly exaggerated or un-realistic... it seems like when actors fake a southern accent, they sound more like Cajuns than they do an actual southern from, say, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, or the Carolinas, and I know Louisiana is big Cajun region, so yeah.
The show is voiced in Canada. Think about it. Or should I say think abooot it.