Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Any Del

Reaction score
I thought the older versions of the characters in "The Contest" depicted teens?

Either way, I prefer the designs in "The Contest" more. At least Muffy looked more attractive than in "All Grown Up".

I wonder why they didn't show any of the characters' chlldren or married partners in "All Grown Up".
Right? That would have been a nice feature but eh what's done is done.

DatH

Reaction score
Honestly, I was kinda sad at the idea of Arthur ending but then I saw the quality of these new episodes and realized that it really is for the best.

I think ending it at season 7 would have been the perfect run for Arthur. They hit the 100th episode mark that season and had a great episode about it. April 9th was the last episode and would have doubled as a perfect series finale. That episode perfectly captured everything that made the series as great as it was.

That's not to say that they didn't have good episodes past season 7 but it really would have ended on top if it stopped there.
Fun fact, the S1-5 character designer (Richard Morris) was still in contact with the writers when S7 was in production. The initial draft in response to 9/11 sensitivity for that ep was for a major accident to...unfortunately cripple Sue Ellen
It's probably why Sue Ellen's section of that ep was glossed over compared to Arthur/Buster/Binky's: it would've been too morbid, so it was changed haphazardly, especially with more seasons to be made. Mr. Morris leaving due to injury/age was better to grasp, but I can't imagine what would happen if the initial draft was used...

I agree with it being a really good potential finale though, though what if an actual movie was made right after to seal it? Would've been something

Shame all we got was a cruddy CG movie. At least the Christmas special S5 was nice

DatH

Reaction score
Just Realized a Rich Morris was a character designer for potentially Mr. Morris...

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
That just leaves one question.....whatever happened to the Lebron James guest star episode? Did it get canned? Or is it a special for new Arthur content post-regular series?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I didn’t see this post until today, but I think it was made pretty clear after Space Jam 2 that people don’t want to see Lebron James interact with cartoon characters.