Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It turns out for Season 24, they've completely remade "The Great MacGrady" so they could replace Lance Armstrong with Binky's wrestling idol Slam Wilson. I know Lance Armstrong really effed up his career and all, but it seems like an unnecessarily lot of trouble to go through . . . couldn't they just go back and change his caricature's name and maybe even redub his lines with somebody else and just pretend it is somebody else without having to go through reanimating an entire episode?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It turns out for Season 24, they've completely remade "The Great MacGrady" so they could replace Lance Armstrong with Binky's wrestling idol Slam Wilson. I know Lance Armstrong really effed up his career and all, but it seems like an unnecessarily lot of trouble to go through . . . couldn't they just go back and change his caricature's name and maybe even redub his lines with somebody else and just pretend it is somebody else without having to go through reanimating an entire episode?
Yeah, the Great MacGrady and the other Lance Armstrong episode (Room to Ride) have probably not aired in nearly a decade. There was really no reason to completely remake it but I guess they just want a more updated version of it back in circulation. Which means this new "season" of Arthur will really only have 2 all-new half-hours. Can they even be called seasons anymore?

Any Del

Reaction score
I need a refresher on how the people found out Lance cheated. Care to explain please?

Mario500

Reaction score
(quotes message I had believed appeared here earlier regarding the "Lance Armstrong" in the other message I had quoted after both that message and a certain message of mine regarding the "Lance Armstrong" in that message that also appeared here earlier)
CoolGuy1013 said:
Lance Armstrong was a famous cyclist who “won” several Tour de Frances after battling cancer. However, he was found to be cheating a few years back, and was stripped of all his titles, and PBS banned the episodes for that reason.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least the parody version, Vance Legstrong, never juices.

Right? :big_grin:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Even though I lost interesIt in Arthur nearly 15 years ago, I am quite eager to see the series finale and find out how the series will end.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My PBS stopped airing ARTHUR altogether after Season 20, so the show is pretty much dead to me at this point.

One thing I am curious about, based on the promos for the new season is why Bud is still in D.W.'s class if the Compsons moved away . . . either they didn't move away after all, or it's another case of negative continuity.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I haven’t watched the show in forever and don’t really care much for the newer episodes. Someday, I would like to rewatch some episodes I remember liking, but I don’t know when I’ll get around to it.