Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

DatH

Reaction score
Yeah, first 8 really were the prime for Arthur. Then post 11 and Buster's Spinoff it slogged along with character flanderizing, then the Flash trash
I find it parallel to Cyberchase's decline, just taking longer. And legitimately I don't want more episodes from either unless something major happens in production
Something that bugs me, both shows have had the same writers since beginning (Well Hirsch co moreso post S5, but you get what I mean). We KNOW they can do better, yet here we are. And then animation production wise, Cyberflash outright is noted to only take a week to make 1 episode. That's stupidly fast, yet production is only 8 episodes a year. Arthur similarly doesn't need to worry for time or money, outputting very little regardless of that fact

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Matt Hoverman was a really excellent addition to the writing staff during the Flash seasons, bringing some unique new spins on many of the characters, while maintaining a good balance of humor and heart.

What I bizarre was the return of Ken Scarborough, who was perhaps the key creative writer during the first four seasons, next to Joe Fallon (both of whom write for SS now) . . . the recent episodes he wrote started out capturing that classic ARTHUR asthetic and charm that the earlier seasons had in terms of storytelling . . . but the resolutions of those episodes he wrote just really fell flat and missed the mark. Prime example was that episode where Francine's sister Catherine was having her Sweet 16, and Francine felt slighted for not being invited, so the others help her formulate all of these crazy and embarrassing (yet humorous) revenge plots for her to ruin Catherine's party, and then in the end it's like Francine just changes her mind at the last second, the end. Very anti-climatic.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I thought it was getting cancelled after season 25, it’s current season

Any Del

Reaction score
I thought it was getting cancelled after season 25, it’s current season
At this point it should end there honestly. It has been milked for a LONG time. On the very last episode I hope we get a montage of all the greatest moments in Arthur history(as well as couples fans have been craving for a while :big_grin:).

As for Cyberchase on the other hand, it should end as well. Right now it's in Season 12 and I hope Motherboard gets a cure of the virus.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least three different voice actors, including Bruce Dinsmore (who voices Arthur's Dad and Binky) and Michael Yarmush (the original Arthur who now voices Slink) have confirmed on Twitter that Season 24 will be the last.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
At least three different voice actors, including Bruce Dinsmore (who voices Arthur's Dad and Binky) and Michael Yarmush (the original Arthur who now voices Slink) have confirmed on Twitter that Season 24 will be the last.
I am surprised it’s still on the air.