Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
My PBS has aired an old episode this week, "How the Cookie Crumbles/Sue Ellen's Little Sister."
I tuned in thinking it would be a newer episode, but when I looked on the show info...It was that episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm just going to go ahead and come right out and say it: a couple of years ago, I wrote a spec script for the show, and producer/director Greg Bailey helped guide me through the right people to contact at WGBH to get my spec submitted; after reading and signing a release form, I submitted my spec to WGBH and was told that it would be forwarded to their head writer at their next summer story meeting and that I would be informed if anything would become of the script. Like I said, that was two or three years ago, and no further word, and now that Season 20 is finished and titles, descriptions, and airdates for Season 21 have been released, I don't believe anything is going to become of it. It was an interesting experience though, and even Greg Bailey was surprised I got as far as I did in the process.

There's hope for Season 22 now, not because we need it, but because it appears that Season 21 will end with another one of those godawful talking Pal and Kate episodes, and if ARTHUR isn't renewed after this, then what a very poor way to end a series.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I'm just going to go ahead and come right out and say it: a couple of years ago, I wrote a spec script for the show, and producer/director Greg Bailey helped guide me through the right people to contact at WGBH to get my spec submitted; after reading and signing a release form, I submitted my spec to WGBH and was told that it would be forwarded to their head writer at their next summer story meeting and that I would be informed if anything would become of the script. Like I said, that was two or three years ago, and no further word, and now that Season 20 is finished and titles, descriptions, and airdates for Season 21 have been released, I don't believe anything is going to become of it. It was an interesting experience though, and even Greg Bailey was surprised I got as far as I did in the process.

There's hope for Season 22 now, not because we need it, but because it appears that Season 21 will end with another one of those godawful talking Pal and Kate episodes, and if ARTHUR isn't renewed after this, then what a very poor way to end a series.

Oooh, that's really cool! What was the script on, don't mind me asking?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I honestly stopped watching the show by the time I was in elementary. I frankly was surprised it was still going on by the year 2009.
No, I did stop watching the newer stuff. I stopped watching regularly in 2011. The show was already going south around then, but the change to flash animation was the final nail in the coffin. I remember how shocked I was by how awful the season 16 premiere was (the first time they used flash) and I stopped watching. But, I'll still watch the older stuff (seasons 1-7).

That's pretty neat. Would you mind giving us a description/plot summary of what you wrote?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since my PBS doesn't even air ARTHUR anymore, and I've become disappointed with the 24-hour channel, I didn't even know that Season 21 started this week. Out of sight, out of mind.

Honestly, the show's pretty much kind of dead to me at this point.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
It did, with a mediocre special, "Arthur and the Haunted Tree House" about Ladona, Bud, and DW making Arthur and his friends think the treehouse is haunted....

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I checked the schedule for my PBS (WENH), and they are showing The Haunted Treehouse, even late at night and early in the morning.

Seriously?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So, I guess that the voice actress behind Sue Ellen posted on her Twitter that her agent contacted her, which means that there may be a possible Season 22.