Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets a kick out of reading YouTube comments?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They'd be funny if they weren't disturbing. Remember... someone who writes those believes that stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe it even though I should: here it is Memorial Day, and they're actually NOT airing "D.W. Goes to Washington" like they always do. :cluck:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This thread calls for a vegetarian snack

Actually not too bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's the list for Season 17 episodes, courtesy 9 Story:

Fall 2013:
Show Off / Dog's Best Friend
Adventures in Budylon / Ladonna Compson, Party Animal
Molina's Mulligan / Buster Flops
Opposites Distract / Just the Ticket
All Thumbs / Kidonia

SPRING 2014:
Speak Up, Francine / Waiting For Snow
Pets and Pests / Go Fly a Kite
The Director's Cut / Crime and Concequences
Caught in the Crosswires / Framed
Binky's Music Madness / Brain Freeze

NOW, there's speculation that 9 Story won't be animating Season 18 or 19 (so apparently they are shooting 20, after there was already speculation that 18 would be the last season).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope that's true. 9 Story does a beautiful job with Wild Kratts... they do a meh job on Arthur. Certainly not worse than what Cookie Jar would have done. Seriously... Cailou looks worse, if that was even possible, and the 2 Flash originals Hooray for Huckel and especially Doodlebops Roadshow look freaking awful. Arthur looks like a Pixar film compared to those shows, and I've been afraid of Crappy Jar screwing Arthur's animation for the past couple seasons.

Like I said in another thread, I got the Galaxy High DVD set cheap at a convention a week ago, and I blasted right through it. Watching it, I got very nostalgic and then completely bummed out. I really miss when we outsourced animation to Japan. Imagine Arthur in TMS animation (same guys behind half of Ducktales, the really good Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, and said Galaxy show).... that would be freaking beautiful.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, I got the Galaxy High DVD set cheap at a convention a week ago, and I blasted right through it. Watching it, I got very nostalgic and then completely bummed out. I really miss when we outsourced animation to Japan. Imagine Arthur in TMS animation (same guys behind half of Ducktales, the really good Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, and said Galaxy show).... that would be freaking beautiful.
Once again, it's gotten way too expensive to do that now. Isn't the same thing going for South Korea, too, or are studios being a bunch of cheapskates?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once again, it's gotten way too expensive to do that now. Isn't the same thing going for South Korea, too, or are studios being a bunch of cheapskates?
Yeah. Japan outsources there now too!

But there are a couple occasions where we still outsourced to Japan recently.

At least one or two of DC's DTV movies was done at TMS. I know one of the Green Lantern ones was. Can't remember which one. I do not count Gotham Knight, of course... that was meant o be done by specific, high profile Japanese studios and directors.

Transformers Animated was also a Japanese animated program, just like the original G1 series. Different studio, and you really couldn't tell. It looked more like something Genndy Tartikofsky designed than anything really anime like. The original series looked far more like a Japanese program.

And of course, Thundercats '11. Too bad that one didn't last too long. But again, just like the original 80's series, it was a Japanese animated program.

It's just too darn expensive though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to make of this without making the same-ol' cynical and jaded the writers are obviously out of ideas comments... but apparently, they're asking for suggestions for future episodes from fans on Facebook now.