Are they ever going to finish airing the new eps?!

BEAR

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
I wonder why PBS doesn't just air all the new episodes in order? TV makes no sense.
I am assuming they rerun episodes for those who did not catch it. This way they can catch up until the new one comes around. Just a guess. I am sure it depends what station you watch on, but SS does air more than one episode a day on PBS (KCET). Why they don't show the newer episodes closer together is beyond me though. It kinda throws you off a bit huh?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I am assuming they rerun episodes for those who did not catch it. This way they can catch up until the new one comes around. Just a guess. I am sure it depends what station you watch on, but SS does air more than one episode a day on PBS (KCET). Why they don't show the newer episodes closer together is beyond me though. It kinda throws you off a bit huh?
In a way I agree. I sort of got back into the show considering the new season and my interest in Muppets and all that. But I still feel a bit embarassed watching "Sesame Street" when other people are around. I usually watch the show when I have time to be by myself. In this case it makes me kind of glad that they're still showing the season 34 eps since there are quite a few of them I haven't seen.

alizakaila

Reaction score
rest season in sept

I think they will start airing new ones in September b/c school starts in sept and the first ep would be Baby Bear's 1st day at school.

Maybe, they air the same eps over and over again b/c they think that smalll kids won't mind watching the same eps over and over again-how many times have your kids wanted to watch the same tape repeatedly. What they do not realize is that parents watch them too, and I know I am tired of seeing the same ep over and over and over again (and over).

Drtooth

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
I wonder why PBS doesn't just air all the new episodes in order? TV makes no sense.

If I may...

This isn't something new (except for doing this to Sesame Street). PBS stretches the new episodes out with older episodes on many other shows. I know they do this often with Arthur, starting up to a week's worth of new episodes, then falling back into endless reruns until the midseason, which they can add anything from 2 new shows to the rest of the season. This is probably to hide the fact that PBS doesn't have the money to order as many episodes of a given show as it used to (SS was cut to 26 episodes per season) It is frustraiting and annoying. As far as what I understood from Secret Squirrel, the season 36 WE know is actually part of a mini-season. the health focused episodes were aired first, following with episodes more in the fashion of season 35 (JTE will return, for example).

Personally, I'm sick of waiting for "Desperate Houseplants" and the 24 parody, myself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
If I may...

This isn't something new (except for doing this to Sesame Street). PBS stretches the new episodes out with older episodes on many other shows. I know they do this often with Arthur, starting up to a week's worth of new episodes, then falling back into endless reruns until the midseason, which they can add anything from 2 new shows to the rest of the season. This is probably to hide the fact that PBS doesn't have the money to order as many episodes of a given show as it used to (SS was cut to 26 episodes per season) It is frustraiting and annoying. As far as what I understood from Secret Squirrel, the season 36 WE know is actually part of a mini-season. the health focused episodes were aired first, following with episodes more in the fashion of season 35 (JTE will return, for example).

Personally, I'm sick of waiting for "Desperate Houseplants" and the 24 parody, myself.
They just NOW did this with Arthur on my station, only now, they're starting to play the reruns in order again. Good! I miss Journey to Ernie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is what they did with Between the Lions as well... sometimes putting the same episode 2 times a week. They ordered fewer and fewer episodes, and it led to it's intitial cancelization. There are new episodes now, but still, not that many.

I just have to say, I really wish that PBS would stop putting stock into new shows (unless they are quality) and expired fad type shows and put more into their stand bys like Arthur, Reading Rainbow (which doesn't even air in my market anymore) and Sesame Street. I mean, Tellitubbies, Booh Bah and Jay Jay the Jet Plane? I mean, those are more toy commercials than anything even remotely educational. Of course, it took Mr. Rogers's passing to have my market paly it on a regular basis again.

alizakaila

Reaction score
new eps

Tuesday Sep 6 7:00am

Baby Bear goes to school for the first time and becomes friends with storybook characters, but he misses his family.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
alizakaila said:
Tuesday Sep 6 7:00am

Baby Bear goes to school for the first time and becomes friends with storybook characters, but he misses his family.
Hmmm. For my local station, it said it was supposed to air on the 5th of September. But that wouldn't make sense because that day's a holiday and they don't air new shows on holidays.

I'm also worried this might be a pledge drive month, so they may do some editing of the new episodes. *sigh*

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, some PBS stations always air the show from one day behind.

Rosewood

Reaction score
How to find episode numbers

MrsPepper said:
Oh yes, that's what I meant. It had a synopsis of what episode will be airing, but it doesn't include episode numbers. I found a schedule as a pdf file before, but this is the only one that I remember how to find.
The way that I have been able to find Episode numbers, and match them to the schedule that pbskids.org lists, is by going to sesame workshop and clicking on the "View and Do" section. Here they give a list of programs. Click on Sesame Street and you will get a list of episodes, month by month, that include the episode #, a short description and tip, and the letter and number that will be presented. It does not list what day they will be shown, but, by comparing the 2 lists and matching the basic descriptions, I was able to get a good idea as to what was going to be shown the next week. Hope this helps! :smile: