Are there Season 1 shows floating around?

Drtooth

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
31,717
Reaction score
6,713
Seeing that thing in action, it's decidedly less interesting and more baffling. There's being experimental and then there's "Dear Lord! What have we done?" The fur face and clean shaven torso are mildly disturbing, not "this is horrific" so much as think of a very hairy guy with hairy arms and a disgustingly shaven chest. The lack of hair makes it more unsettling (stomach wise, that is). And the fur isn't quite attached to the back of his head, so it flows when he moves. Like he has a bad Mullet that somehow covers his face.

It's a very experimental character design and it doesn't exactly pay off well. Had he been hairy all over 'cept for his bottom lip and finger tips, that may have been cool. But frankly, he looks a little ...well...sloppy for an official Muppet production.

Other than that, I expected him to sound a little creepier, but he came off having the cadence of Elmer Fudd. Essentially talking like him without the r and l speech impediment.
 

sesamemuppetfan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
1,157
Thread bump. Is it fair to assume that more rare episodes were obtained by the secret source? I just saw these on the Wiki:

(EKA: Episode 1452)
(EKA: Episode 1450)
(EKA: Episode 1453)
(First: Episode 1453)
(First: Episode 1458)

@hooperfan Now I'm beginning to see what you were talking about in our private messages.

@Oscarfan do you know anything about these (especially since you uploaded the "Song for Judith" picture on the Wiki)?
 
Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
2,727
Reaction score
1,683
Thread bump. Is it fair to assume that more rare episodes were obtained by the secret source? I just saw these on the Wiki:

(EKA: Episode 1452)
(EKA: Episode 1450)
(EKA: Episode 1453)
(First: Episode 1453)
(First: Episode 1458)

@hooperfan Now I'm beginning to see what you were talking about in our private messages.

@Oscarfan do you know anything about these (especially since you uploaded the "Song for Judith" picture on the Wiki)?
Is that the Grover Leslie Mostly interview?:super:
 

PiLfan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
114
Reaction score
9
I saw the "Beginnings" clip too, and there are two shots where the camera zooms out from the buildings. The second shot is the one I've seen my whole life. The first one, which I only saw recently for the first time, pulls back a little further, and you can see boats on the lake in Central Park. The first shot doesn't show the boats, and it's hard to distinguish the buildings since they're silhouetted against the sun. But true to form with a lot of Season One material, they tightly edited it down, Joe Raposo scored his great gospel-tinged "A Little Bit in the Beginning" and made a classic out of it.

So the shots included are not the World Trade Center, although it's easy to think so. Plus I've got a songbook of Joe's sheet music with "A Little Bit..." copyrighted 1970. So it still could be a Season One relic, no later than Season Two.
I know I'm replying to a really old post here, but thought I would respond with confimration that the brief picture near the end of the "Littel Bit at the Beginning" Raposo video is indeed of a skyline from the view of the lake in Central Park and not of the Hudson or the twin WTC towers being built. For comparison, I attached a photo that shows the approximate same viewpoint as seen in the Raposo vidoe clip (link to precise location in video attahced). Also, the song and video were from around the first season (1969/70, probably filmed in 69), in which neither tower would have visible much yet.


 

PiLfan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
114
Reaction score
9
I saw the "Beginnings" clip too, and there are two shots where the camera zooms out from the buildings. The second shot is the one I've seen my whole life. The first one, which I only saw recently for the first time, pulls back a little further, and you can see boats on the lake in Central Park. The first shot doesn't show the boats, and it's hard to distinguish the buildings since they're silhouetted against the sun. But true to form with a lot of Season One material, they tightly edited it down, Joe Raposo scored his great gospel-tinged "A Little Bit in the Beginning" and made a classic out of it.

So the shots included are not the World Trade Center, although it's easy to think so. Plus I've got a songbook of Joe's sheet music with "A Little Bit..." copyrighted 1970. So it still could be a Season One relic, no later than Season Two.
I know I'm replying to a really old post here, but thought I would respond with confimration that the brief picture near the end of the "Littel Bit at the Beginning" Raposo video is indeed of a skyline from the view of the lake in Central Park and not of the Hudson or the twin WTC towers being built. For comparison, I attached a photo that shows the approximate same viewpoint as seen in the Raposo vidoe clip (link to precise location in video attahced). Also, the song and video were from around the first season (1969/70, probably filmed in 69), in which neither tower would have visible much yet.


 
Top