April Fools: "The Muppets" ABC Orders 5 Extra Episodes

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh my god, these look genuinely believable! XD You need to send these episode idea to ABC lol.
That's a good idea. I still need to contact them about the show's potential renewal anyway, so I can mention my ideas while I'm at it.

To soften the blow of this mean :smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::rolleyes: (but convincing) prank, I'll post a real article from yesterday. No new news, really, but I'm glad there is still conversation. I still think we have a very good chance for renewal, actually.

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articl...jeopardy-after-lackluster-ratings-scandal.htm
Wow! The Muppets are going to be on Jeopardy! too? That's interesting. Would they get to play or would they just read clues or how would that work?

I also liked Connor's idea. Again, we deserve to know what happened between :smile: and :mad: rather than leaving us hanging like they did with ALF. Even if it were just those last two episodes, it would be interesting to see that.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Oh, man. I was just about to pull a prank like that and you beat me to the punch. I guess I ought to start my April Fools pranks a day or two early. Oh, well. Just for fun, here's what I would have said:

Great news. According to an email I got from ABC, the Muppets Season 2 will be renewed for the fall. So fans will find out what happened between Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand. I won't give away any spoilers here, but here is a listing of a few episodes.

EPISODE 2.1: TORN BETWEEN TWO PIGGIES (FEELING LIKE A FROG): Kermit and Miss Piggy return from Thailand and contemplate on reconciling the relationship. However, Denise comes back and she also has interests in hooking back up with Kermit.
EPISODE 2.5: MUPPETS MEET MUPPETS The Sesame Street gang makes an appearance as guests on Up Late with Miss Piggy. Highlights include Big Bird singing ABC-DEF-GHI, Oscar the Grouch heckling with Statler and Waldorf and Abby Cadaby doing magic tricks. Also Bert and Ernie do the "Banana in my ear" sketch.
EPISODE 2:7: WELCOME CLIFFORD When Miss Piggy falls ill, Clifford takes her place and plays some Muppets Tonight sketches (Ex: Bay of Pigs Watch, NYPD Green, etc.)
EPISODE 2:12: THE "WEIRD" EPISODE Johnny Fiama and Sal return to do a song, but are upstaged by Weird Al.
EPISODE 2:20: UP LATE'S MOST WANTED Constantine returns still carrying a torch for Miss Piggy. Furthermore, he tries to take over as the host of Up Late.
EPISODE 23: SAM AND JANICE EVENING Sam the Eagle and Janice go on their first date much to Floyd's dismay.
I was thinking of doing a season 2 renewal joke, but I felt that would have been a bit harsh considering it's unlikely will get one, I would be really sad after seeing that and seeing it was an April Fools joke.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I also liked Connor's idea. Again, we deserve to know what happened between :smile: and :mad: rather than leaving us hanging like they did with ALF. Even if it were just those last two episodes, it would be interesting to see that.
Thank you for saying u like my ideas

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thank you for saying u like my ideas
What are friends for?

I was thinking of doing a season 2 renewal joke, but I felt that would have been a bit harsh considering it's unlikely will get one, I would be really sad after seeing that and seeing it was an April Fools joke.
Come on, let's have a positive attitude on this. Do you really think they're going to leave Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand and leave fans in the dark about what happened? We just need to keep on ABC about this.