April Fools: "The Muppets" ABC Orders 5 Extra Episodes

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Great news, despite declining ratings, ABC has decided to take a chance on the franchise and has ordered 5 more episodes of season 1 to air on Tuesdays 8:30/7:30c starting in May, after The Real O' Neals ends. What do you guys think of the news?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5b/08/9e/5b089ed3c8f7a709a8456e0895d40f4f.jpg

The article is here.
If I hadn't just gotten pranked before coming onto this forum, I would have fallen for this! :smile: Nice try!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, man. I was just about to pull a prank like that and you beat me to the punch. I guess I ought to start my April Fools pranks a day or two early. Oh, well. Just for fun, here's what I would have said:

Great news. According to an email I got from ABC, the Muppets Season 2 will be renewed for the fall. So fans will find out what happened between Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand. I won't give away any spoilers here, but here is a listing of a few episodes.

EPISODE 2.1: TORN BETWEEN TWO PIGGIES (FEELING LIKE A FROG): Kermit and Miss Piggy return from Thailand and contemplate on reconciling the relationship. However, Denise comes back and she also has interests in hooking back up with Kermit.
EPISODE 2.5: MUPPETS MEET MUPPETS The Sesame Street gang makes an appearance as guests on Up Late with Miss Piggy. Highlights include Big Bird singing ABC-DEF-GHI, Oscar the Grouch heckling with Statler and Waldorf and Abby Cadaby doing magic tricks. Also Bert and Ernie do the "Banana in my ear" sketch.
EPISODE 2:7: WELCOME CLIFFORD When Miss Piggy falls ill, Clifford takes her place and plays some Muppets Tonight sketches (Ex: Bay of Pigs Watch, NYPD Green, etc.)
EPISODE 2:12: THE "WEIRD" EPISODE Johnny Fiama and Sal return to do a song, but are upstaged by Weird Al.
EPISODE 2:20: UP LATE'S MOST WANTED Constantine returns still carrying a torch for Miss Piggy. Furthermore, he tries to take over as the host of Up Late.
EPISODE 23: SAM AND JANICE EVENING Sam the Eagle and Janice go on their first date much to Floyd's dismay.

SnakeLipsXD

Reaction score
Oh, man. I was just about to pull a prank like that and you beat me to the punch. I guess I ought to start my April Fools pranks a day or two early. Oh, well. Just for fun, here's what I would have said:

Great news. According to an email I got from ABC, the Muppets Season 2 will be renewed for the fall. So fans will find out what happened between Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand. I won't give away any spoilers here, but here is a listing of a few episodes.

EPISODE 2.1: TORN BETWEEN TWO PIGGIES (FEELING LIKE A FROG): Kermit and Miss Piggy return from Thailand and contemplate on reconciling the relationship. However, Denise comes back and she also has interests in hooking back up with Kermit.
EPISODE 2.5: MUPPETS MEET MUPPETS The Sesame Street gang makes an appearance as guests on Up Late with Miss Piggy. Highlights include Big Bird singing ABC-DEF-GHI, Oscar the Grouch heckling with Statler and Waldorf and Abby Cadaby doing magic tricks. Also Bert and Ernie do the "Banana in my ear" sketch.
EPISODE 2:7: WELCOME CLIFFORD When Miss Piggy falls ill, Clifford takes her place and plays some Muppets Tonight sketches (Ex: Bay of Pigs Watch, NYPD Green, etc.)
EPISODE 2:12: THE "WEIRD" EPISODE Johnny Fiama and Sal return to do a song, but are upstaged by Weird Al.
EPISODE 2:20: UP LATE'S MOST WANTED Constantine returns still carrying a torch for Miss Piggy. Furthermore, he tries to take over as the host of Up Late.
EPISODE 23: SAM AND JANICE EVENING Sam the Eagle and Janice go on their first date much to Floyd's dismay.
Oh my god, these look genuinely believable! XD You need to send these episode idea to ABC lol.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I have an idea if we get a second season

Follow that pig: season 2 episode 1
Pepe the king prawn texts everyone whilst on their break about Kermit and piggy in Thailand so the gang head there meanwhile Fozzie has trouble with room service and gonzo and Rizzo find out where Walters been all this time

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
And for episode two
Follow that pig part 2
Piggy is unsure what to with Kermit, Fozzie goes to war with a hotel employee and Walter and Johnny fiama both ask Kermit for a job (but only one gets it)

SnakeLipsXD

Reaction score
Nice. :smile: A second season really needs to happen... and it'll be nice to see some more interaction with some of the more minor characters (particularly the band, etc). Plus, it was so nice to see Lips actually talking now - and developing a personality; they should really give him more of a character and have him interact more with the others.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I agree I was really pleased when lips talked
Nice. :smile: A second season really needs to happen... and it'll be nice to see some more interaction with some of the more minor characters (particularly the band, etc). Plus, it was so nice to see Lips actually talking now - and developing a personality; they should really give him more of a character and have him interact more with the others.