Anyone Seen "The Simpons Movie" yet?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Can't wait for the DVD!
Me either. Matt Groening said so much was cut out of the movie (it runs about 86 minutes), that there is enough footage for a SECOND feature! So hopefully the DVD will be a nice loaded edition.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah! maybe it'll come with another film, lol!
They could possibly re-shape the excised footage into another feature. When Anchorman came out, it too had enough footage for an extra feature. Some copies were packaged with a bonus disc called "Wake Up, Ron Burgundy," which was supposedly a continuation of Anchorman, and had almost the same running time.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe they could have a version of the movie with all deleted scenes included.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I cant wait! I should be seeing it sometime next week! AAAHHHH! I've been going crazy. I think all this promotional stuff and all my simpsons stuff is getting to me. I HAVE to see it in theaters. I will never forgive my family if I dont. Just like the nightmare before christmas incident that we must never speak of

Luke

Reaction score
I thought it was ok - B minus - it wasn't really a film, more lots of little Simpsons set piece skits joined together. I didn't think they made as much as they could out of quite a good plotline but there were some really nice touches. Certainly the skits were more like early Simpsons than what they seem to come up with now. Perhaps it focused a little too much on the family when they had extra time so much more opportunity to bring out the background characters - it needed more Burns/Smithers and Apu hardly got much time. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad by any means!

rexcrk

Reaction score
It was an absolutely fantastic movie!

I loved everything about it, but there were some things that disappointed me:

-First of all, there was no Sideshow Bob. He's my favorite Simpsons character of all time, so that was kind of sad that he wasn't in it.

-Mr. Burns and Smithers were grossly under-used IMO. See, I always put them at the top of the list of secondary characters (along with Flanders and Chief wiggum for example) and they only had three scenes. They were all good, who doesn't love Mr. Burns releasing the hounds?

-Principal Skinner was also grossly under-used I thought. He only had one WORD!

So yeah, my complaints are really about characters' screen times, but that's understandable since all the characters are great and they couldn't ALL have major parts lol.

But I absolutely loved this movie! That part where Marge was saying it was over to Homer on the video tape had me in tears it was so sad.

And that was great that Fat Tony was in it, his scene was absolutely hilarious.

Chief Wiggum: "Um sorry, you can't dump in the lake anymore"
Fat Tony: "Oh very well, I'll go take my yard trimmings to a car compactor"
Officer Lou: "Hey chief, that looked like a dead body to me"
Chief Wiggum: "I thought so too Lou, until he said 'yard trimmings'. Ya gotta learn how to listen to people."

Speaking of Chief Wiggum I loved when he nearly shot himself while eating the donuts off of his gun... then went right back to eating them.

And that bit with Krusty when he had that new sandwich he was advertising and then spit it out after the camera was done rolling... classic Krusty.

I've already seen it 3 times and I would like to go more!

Edited to add:

One of my top favorite parts was when Comic Book Guy said "I've spent my whole life collecting comic books... and now there's only time left to say one thing: LIFE WELL SPENT!"

Rock on Comic Book Guy!