Any Wisconsinites going to Summerfest?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I'm going to miss you by one day. My boyfriend and I just decided to go on July 1st since that's the only day he doesn't work.
Oh too bad, have fun on the 1st though! :smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I'm here at Summerfest right now at their free computer booth. The Moody Blues Monday were great and I worked today and I'm going to see Ben Folds tonight. :big_grin:

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
I'm here at Summerfest right now at their free computer booth. The Moody Blues Monday were great and I worked today and I'm going to see Ben Folds tonight. :big_grin:
Hey Kristin...

I was there on the 26th of June and saw Peter Gabriel. One of the most intelligent and creative concerts I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the fireworks interrupted what was perhaps the most poignant and intimate song of the evening.

Summerfest itself is a little overwhelming...a little too much stimuli. One cannot walk three feet without encountering some sort of music/attraction/dance/obnoxious guy with a microphone. In fact, it's rather irritating when all the noise bleeds together into an amalgam of chaos because things are parked too close together.

But still...it was a beautiful day on the lake.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Ol' Buddy Bert said:
Hey Kristin...

I was there on the 26th of June and saw Peter Gabriel. One of the most intelligent and creative concerts I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the fireworks interrupted what was perhaps the most poignant and intimate song of the evening.

Summerfest itself is a little overwhelming...a little too much stimuli. One cannot walk three feet without encountering some sort of music/attraction/dance/obnoxious guy with a microphone. In fact, it's rather irritating when all the noise bleeds together into an amalgam of chaos because things are parked too close together.

I agree - beautiful day on the lake. I'm surprised they didn't hold the concert for the fireworks - James Taylor took his break right before they started a few years ago. Oh well.

Summerfest is way too crowded - way too many drunk people (most of them not 21), and I don't think it's being run very well right now - and they need to rip those benches out from in front of the stage - nobody sits on them, they all stand on the benches, so if you're not at your stage 6 hours beforehand, you can't see anything.

Jeremy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
jeremyactor said:
and they need to rip those benches out from in front of the stage - nobody sits on them, they all stand on the benches, so if you're not at your stage 6 hours beforehand, you can't see anything.
No kidding! Moody Blues was on at 10 and we got there around 8:15 which was too late so we stood behind the last row of benchs for the 2 hours before the show started and then for the 2 hours the show lasted. That wasn't much fun, especially when two crazy ladies came up next to me and started waving their beers over my head. Thankfully they put out their cigarettes because they were practically smashing those into my face too :smirk:

Scott said:

Hi Scott:smile: I agree with that too, there's so much going on its hard to decide which way to look. For instance, do I watch the people stealing the trash can and getting yelled at by the janitors, or do I watch the obviously drunk girls yelling on my other side. And then if you try to move, its guaranteed that you'll have to dodge a whole crowd of people moving in the opposite direction that you want. And yes, the lake is pretty. I especially like to see the whole place at night when all the lights are on and you're watching it from the skyglider.