Any Three Stooges Fans?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
A lot of the slap stick the Three Stooges had were used again later on with movies like Naked Gun. I saw several episodes of the Three Stooges when it was April Fools Day. Those guys are funny and crazy.

ryan

Erine81981

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Stooge's Alphabet song? I love that song they sing in one of their epsiodes. I think its the one where they go to the all girls school. I think?

Al Hempker

Reaction score
I usually watch the AMC marathons when they show them. My dad is the real stooge-head in the family, but I love 'em too.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Shemp has his moments, but Curly-Joe was atrocious. Even the Three Stooges cartoons suffer his lack of personality.
Are you kidding me? Curly is the funniest Stooge ever!

Ziffel

Reaction score
He's not talking about Curly. Curly-Joe came later after both Curly and Shemp. :smile:
A lot of people didn't think Curly-Joe was too funny. I didn't care much for him either. He had a rather irritating whiny voice. Also, that actor had a clause where he refused to do a lot of the physical gags. Consequently, Moe hit Larry a lot but seldom ever did anything to Curly-Joe except be verbally mad.

That Announcer

Reaction score
OH, yeah, Curly-Joe. Sorry. Curly was very funny and identifies the Stooges. Curly-Joe, not so much. He was actually pretty bad.

Censored

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
He's not talking about Curly. Curly-Joe came later after both Curly and Shemp. :smile:
A lot of people didn't think Curly-Joe was too funny. I didn't care much for him either. He had a rather irritating whiny voice. Also, that actor had a clause where he refused to do a lot of the physical gags. Consequently, Moe hit Larry a lot but seldom ever did anything to Curly-Joe except be verbally mad.
Well, not exactly. Be careful not to confuse Curly-Joe with Joe Besser either. Joe Besser came right after Shemp. Besser was the one who didn't want to be hit and had a style of comedy that seemed to throw their timing off. Curly-Joe (Joe DeRita), on the other hand, just seemed to be bland. Also, by the time Curly-Joe came for the full length features and cartoons, the Stooges were trying to cut down on the amount of slapstick violence for child viewers.

Basically, if a Stooge film doesn't have the original Curly or Shemp in it, it's probably not going to measure up.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh! The Three Stooges rock! I would definetly say that the eps with Curly are my faves. Nyuck nyuck nyuck!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes that's exactly right it was Joe Besser I was describing, not Curly-Joe. Sorry about that. :smile:
And I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement, the Stooges are only great ones if they are ones with Curly or Shemp in them.
Here's a factoid that most Stooge fans know: Moe, Curly, and Shemp were all brothers.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
*BUMP*
3 Stooges are the Best! My folks like Marx Bros. more though, but I dont think they're that funny. I like the 3 Stooges because of the slapstick. Anyway, my fave is Curly, then Moe. C-J was pretty bland and I didnt care for Joe much either.