Another Jurrassic Park 2014

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Sam Neill has unequivocally stated numerous times he won't do it.

Sorry. The dinosaurs-chasing-and-eating-people thing has been done to death, and not merely by this franchise. Unless they have one heck of a story and some amazing talent onscreen, I have zero interest.

------------

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
The first was amazing. They second was really really good (in my opinion) The only thing I liked about the third one was that the guy who played Mr. Noodle's brother Mr. Noodle in Elmo's World was in it... and then he got eaten. I do not have high hopes for this movie.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I just went to see this Yesterday at

1:00 PM with my Sister, 7 year old Nephew, and My dad, We all Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! It was just as good as The TLW, yes I actually Love TLW, but JW was more epic in scope and feel then TLW Obviously not as good as the first one but a great Pop Corn Flick none the less, well worth the wait!!!!!! So far It is well recieved with the Die Hard JP fans such as my self and I think despite Critics attempts to rip it apart word of mouth is doing just fine!!!!!!!!!

'Jurassic' Knocks It Outta the Park
by Keith Simanton

June 12, 2015

Jurassic World outperformed even the most optimistic of forecasts with an $82.8M Friday, the third best Friday opening on record, with only Age of Ultron ($84.4M) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 ($91M) still ahead of it.

Universal, who was playing it cool with estimates of $100M for the weekend, are now putting the three-day total at an astonishing $181.4M. Some reports are even putting it higher, at $192.7.

If we stay with the studio's $181.4M that's still the third biggest opening weekend of all time only behind Avengers: Age of Ultron ($191.2M) and Marvel's The Avengers ($207.4).

If you believe Universal is still being conservative in their estimates and go with the $192.7 Jurassic World goes ahead of Ultron as the second biggest opening weekend to date.

This also catapults June from the 6th to the 2nd spot on the top opening weekends by month. Before Jurassic World June stacked up like this:

6th place June — Top film: Man of Steel ($116.6M)
5th place April — Top film: Furious 7 ($147.1M)
4th place March — Top film: The Hunger Games ($152.5M)
3rd place November — Top film: Catching Fire ($158M)
2nd place July — Top film: Deathly Hallows 2 ($169M)
1st place May — Top film: Marvel's The Avengers ($207M)

With that ranking now reshuffled it may cause some execs, who seem to use June as a breather between the opening May salvo and their July kicker, to rethink the viability of opening a massive tentpole in the month.

How'd we get here? The terrific $18.5M on Thursday night and its impressive international launch on Wednesday proved to be like the ripples in the water glass in the original Jurassic Park, warning that something big was coming. The scary thing? Jurassic World isn't done yet.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I have not seen it yet, but the fact that it got a fresh rating on rotten tomatoes, and that the box office is huge seems like a great sign. I mean a $204 million opening, that is already more than the what the third one made domestically, and it is the second highest opening weekend in history, barely $3 million away from the first Avengers movie, and the highest opening of the year so far.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bet between the last Fast and Furious, Avengers Ultron and JW, we've already had better box office than last year. Nice to see film goers coming back.

Yeah, JW was a pretty good film. I quite enjoyed it, and it seems to be playing itself as a movie that doesn't take itself too seriously while commenting on itself and keeping a nice tongue in cheek on disaster/monster movie cliches. It's pretty obvious there's a wink and a nod there.

But what I really loved about it was that they built an entire resort complex amusement park out of these dinosaurs and it's trusted enough even though the last theme park was a disaster (a theme they even brought up a few times)... and even after making it work as a trusted, respected vacation destination they still found a way to screw it all up. While I think Avengers and Mad Max were stronger films overall, this was a really fun movie. I wouldn't miss seeing this on in theaters.