Animaniacs reboot in the works

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said before, they most likely went with Hulu because there is no S&P department standing in the way, like Netflix. It's up to the producers to police their content.
Well, does the reboot have to be vulgar, raunchy, and inappropriate?

Ok . . . . . time for an unpopular opinion. Why all the reboots? Why can't people get creative and come up with something original anymore? I realize rebooting a franchise allows the next generation to have their own version of something their parents once enjoyed, but when will enough be enough? What's wrong with trying to come up with an original idea? Why do they have to recycle an old idea?
Cause nothing is original anymore.
It's so much there's nothing original anymore (there's some originality out there . . . cough-cough), it's that mainstream entertainment doesn't want to risk originality anymore, because if something original tanks and bombs, then they're going to lose money over it; banking on nostalgia is always guaranteed to make the big bucks.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I just want to see them made a big deal out of the Prince joke and turn it into a running gag. :stick_out_tongue:

Well, does the reboot have to be vulgar, raunchy, and inappropriate?
I don't think it should be to that extent. It could be more like TV-PG level humor (possibly TV-14, I dunno, but that's stretching it quite a bit), but definitely not on the boundaries of TV-MA. Save that stuff for Robot Chicken.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure what anyone means by Hollywood running out of ideas. I mean, yeah, most movies are sequels, reboots, remakes etc. but when you think about it, most movies haven't been very original for decades! A lot of action movies, romances, horror, etc, have been rehashing the same plots over and over with little variation for years even when most of them weren't sequels and remakes. TV was never any better, in fact it's probably much worse in that regard. When one thing gets popular than it just keeps getttting made dozens of times. Just look at all those cookie cutter cop shows and westerns that were around in the 60s and 70s. Or remember how Hanna- Barbera kept ripping off themselves with copies of Scooby Doo and The Flinstones, and even Yogi Bear (remember Hokey Wolf? Me neither).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, i'm suddenly a lot less optimistic about this show:
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/internet...-back-can-revival-succeed-without-155789.html

I'm still cautiously optimistic that, maybe, just maybe the new team will bring something fresh and new to the table. Maybe that's what Time Warner/ Hulu are going for, a slightly different perspective to make it feel as fresh as the original. Of course, we've seen with reboots like Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go! what can happen when the original team isn't involved, but i'm convinced with the right writers, and genuine fans of the original, this can still be something great. Let's not forget, the reboot of DuckTales has been well received by fans.

*Fingers crossed

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I'm really hyped for this! Animaniacs was one of my favorite shows in elementary school (I rented the DVDs and watched episodes on YouTube), and I also watched the Hub reruns. I'm also seeing the live show in February. I'm excited to see a new version of the show, and might show it to my younger cousins.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, i'm suddenly a lot less optimistic about this show:
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/internet...-back-can-revival-succeed-without-155789.html

I'm still cautiously optimistic that, maybe, just maybe the new team will bring something fresh and new to the table. Maybe that's what Time Warner/ Hulu are going for, a slightly different perspective to make it feel as fresh as the original. Of course, we've seen with reboots like Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go! what can happen when the original team isn't involved, but i'm convinced with the right writers, and genuine fans of the original, this can still be something great. Let's not forget, the reboot of DuckTales has been well received by fans.

*Fingers crossed
Plus, at least we know the original voice actors have confirmed their return!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Oops, never mind! I got the info from a friend, who got it from some false info somewhere on the web. It hasn't been confirmed after all.
That should teach me to check my sources :smirk:.
So the actors haven't confirmed yet?