...And what are YOU doing this Summer?

wolfy

Reaction score
Okay...school is letting out in the next few weeks, a lot of you are graduating or heading off to college or whatever you are going to be doing (besides those of you who work for a living), and many of you are hard working moms and dads (or single people) who are counting the days until that wonderful day when your VACATION starts!

So, what are you going to be doing this summer?

Let's hear what people have planned, and not just little one-liners like "sleep until noon, then eat, then watch TV, then sleep," even if that's what you are going to be doing.

Let's have fun with this, and really see what people are hoping to be able to accomplish this coming summer.

Are you going to finally get that room cleaned out? Add on that new addition? Go to that theme park that you've always promised yourself you'd take the family? Get the perfect tan? Find a job? Prepare for college by getting clothes, books and so forth ahead of time and packing your trunks? Work on the garden and making your yard the envy of your neighbors?

Just what do you REALLY want to do for the summer this year?

Let's see what you all have to say, all right?
wolfy

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
School ends for me on June 27. I'm on a quarter system.

This summer I hope to visit the Museum of TV & Radio, and come back with descriptions of SS stuff that wasn't shown on Noggin, including and especially, SS Goes to Prison. :big_grin:

Aside from that, I also hope to get some more stuff done on current projects w/ my friends, and maybe place an ad in the personals. Wish me luck.

One thing I know is certain: on Sept. 7 I will DEFINITELY be at the Weird Al concert at Great America. I'll be with a group holding a big sign that says Let's Polka Our Eyes Out, so any locals who come to that show will know me when they see me. :big_grin:

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Well, this summer, I planned on staying home and sleeping until noon, eating cold pizza and watching reruns of the Price is Right until I went to sleep again, but my wife and my job wouldn't let me. So I will probably go to work, work 8-9 hours a day, then go skiing down K2 while working on learning French and Swahili with my skiing buddies, eat a big mac at a McDonalds in Bombay, learn how to levitate without using wires, and then go home and sleep so I can go to work the next day and try again. Once I learn French and Swahili, I plan on going on an African safari where I will personally wrestle against Elephants, then go scuba diving in the white Nile until I get to Cairo where I will scale the pyramids wearing only a clown suit and Grover sitting on my back. Once I have finished that, I should go kayak the Rhine and taunt Russian submarines with huge signs that say "I've seen bigger." And I'll have to do this after I get out of work each night.

Other than that, it should be a boring summer.

Tony

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
school gets out for me May 16....then I start volunteer work at a local library. I teach kids to read, and do art projects with them.

In June I am going to a meteorology camp....It'll be fun!

Other than that, I plan to keep up with my friends, see teachers in stores and tease them, and spend tons of late nights on MC

Sarah

OH WAIT! I FORGOT! August 5 I think I get to go to a Weird Al concert with my dad! It'll be my second concert. (my first was a Mannheim Steamroller concert last December)

oh and swimming in our pool...I mean when it's 100+ degrees outside...what is there better to do?

Mark Filton

Reaction score
I will play golf using licorice for a club :big_grin:

I am joking, of course. I will use French bread for a club, because it is too useless to EAT:mad:

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Actually, all joking aside, it's going to be a long summer sitting in the front office at work. We have a pretty cool VBS planned this summer and lots of church work. Other than that, it's gonna seem like the middle of October everyday except for the heat, and that's not too much different in California from May to November.

Long summer, short nights.

Tony

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Moi Graduates June 27th, then find a BETTER job to pry for gas buy MORE Disney DVD's and Muppet Stuff (not ss stuff) then I'm going to FL Yesss to WDW (Walt Disney World) apply for a job down there, and move down there!!! I'm sooo Happy! :big_grin: :big_grin: :crazy: :excited:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Well, lessee......
I guess I won't REALLY be free 'till after May 31st, my sister's wedding!
Mary Beth, my church choir director just informed us that we'll be working our butts off to release a CD this summer, a cheapo lil' one to raise some money for St. Peter's Church, but a CD, no less! So, there'll be that....
Plus, there'll be this big retreat in June I'll be going to, and the annual Desoto State Park in Alabama family trip, (w/o my big sis...*sniff*), and my brother John's gobnna have a BIG 20th birthday party I told him I'd help prepare for...
Other than THAT, it'll be, watch TV, work on summer courses so I'll be better prepared for college, hang out w/friends, go shopping, maybe a go to the beach a few times....Oh, and write, of course. And read. And I'm hoping to actually learn to play more than just ONE CHORD on the guitar over the summer!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
My school gets out June 12th, and my summer looks packed...

First things first, I'm getting all my website stuff back in order. My trade sites have been down for too long, and I want to get back into the swing of things (I kinda cheated in that regard, being I just bought all 65 Daria episodes plus the 2 movies and a slew of specials...oh well, I have no self control). Then, I shall be working on putting up an actual website, with a legit. URL and frames and such. The workings of that are going to be kept quiet until its official launch.

Next, I plan on getting my learner's permit, so next year I will be able to drive. I have been putting it off for way too long, and its finally gotten to the point where I actually have stuff to do which would necissitate my own means of transportation (and the skills by which to operate a transportational unit).

After that, if I haven't done so already, I plan on reaquainting myself with the opposite sex. Since Cerissa and I split up I've been feeling weird, and hopefully a little summer flinginess will put me back in shape. I am working on a few girls now, but I think the summer is when things will start to click again.

Also, for my families "big vacation," we are planning on going to London. We just went this morning to get our passport information in order, so we are pretty much set. I don't exactly know what we're planning to do there, but I do know I shall return to the states with a nice collection of English-style magazine-sized comic books.

I think that about covers it. I guess I should probably start looking for an apartment, but its not necissary just yet. Mom isn't ready for me to leave yet anyway.

-Matt

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Well, with only 3 actual school days left, summer is so very very close and in only 8 days, I will be moving back home. So "yay for summer" excitement and "I'm going to miss my friends" sadness and "I'm going to fail my finals, I can't stand studying anymore" hysterics, I am unsuccessfully trying to find time to pack up the room. But once that is all done summer will officially be here!

I will have at least two jobs this summer. The first will be working the concession stand at our beach in town. The second will be as a teacher's assistant for a summer school theater class (this will be my third summer doing that). Another possible job may be assistant stage manager for a summer play at my college--it would technically be like taking a summer class--but as the man in charge has not gotten back to me, the more I think about, the less I want to do it as it would mean no free time at all. But then again, it would be a great opportunity to get some experience.

Vacation wise, my mom and brother and I will either be flying to WDW or Hollywood (my dad is not a fan of those kind of places). If it is Hollywood, we may hit WDW sometime when I'm on winter break next year. Either way, I am super excited because a)I love WDW and b) I've never been to CA, let alone Hollywood.

Aside from the afore mentioned events, I plan to do alot of reading. I made a list of books I want to read back around Christmas and I cannot WAIT to get started. I also want to get alot of biking in(to work of that stupid freshman 15). And my roomate and I are also planning a trip to Great America and Summerfest. Then there's the wonderful summer staples of bbqs, swimming, watermellon, and no homework!!!

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
(my first was a Mannheim Steamroller concert last December)
I went to a Mannheim concert last December too!