Am I the only one who hates what they've done to the Fozzie puppet?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great to know those guys were given more of a budget. They really do look closer to Muppet designs now.
Not to mention advancements in puppet making. Krofft's old shows have a very distinctive look, but that look didn't age too well. That's clearly the influence of Henson making bigger and more complex puppets. Henson's overall puppet output the same time these shows were airing were just much better looking (well...maybe not first and second season Sesame Street). But it's great to see these new, practical effect designs from the Kroffts. I'm loving those new Sigmund character designs.

Lourenzo

Reaction score
So when people say that the puppets are too cute/perfect what do they mean? Are there skin/fur colors too bright? Are there eyes too round?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Basically what we've been saying in this thread, they look too "perfect," they have a very flawless look to them, there hardly any noticeable imperfections such as a visible seam here and there, or somewhat crooked and assymetrical features (eyes, ears, what have you), no "roughness" like pilly fleece or slightly distressed fabric that gave them something of an edge before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching SST's Mannequin Challenge, I have to say that one thing that seemed almost glaring to me is how the current Ernie and Bert puppets look as if they were made from FAO-Schwartz Whatnots.

gravy

Reaction score
After watching SST's Mannequin Challenge, I have to say that one thing that seemed almost glaring to me is how the current Ernie and Bert puppets look as if they were made from FAO-Schwartz Whatnots.
Right? They have such perfect- skin, for lack of a better word. They look more stuffed than shaped the way they usually are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

It almost looks like they're sticking with the Dickensian Oscar with those sideburns, but what I really took notice of was what looks like for the first time in all these years, he has new eyebrows: they look considerably darker and thicker . . . and somehow less angry, too.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

It almost looks like they're sticking with the Dickensian Oscar with those sideburns, but what I really took notice of was what looks like for the first time in all these years, he has new eyebrows: they look considerably darker and thicker . . . and somehow less angry, too.
Ooh, I really hope that's not the permanent puppet, I rather liked the previous one. This one looks like Oscar had a stroke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He actually looks friendly! Like you could walk over and give him a hug and he'd let you!

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
The one used for the recent talk it out video is appaling. Made worse by the bad puppetry trying to match Carol's voice.