A small request for April 1, 2020

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems to me that when everything is depressing that's the best time to make jokes! What's the sense in wallowing and forcing yourself not to make jokes? Seems like a sure way to make yourself even more depressed.
And besides, if you really don't wanna see it, why not just stay off the forum for a day? Not trying to be rude, but that seems the best thing to do
This is what I'm oinkin'!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It seems to me that when everything is depressing that's the best time to make jokes! What's the sense in wallowing and forcing yourself not to make jokes? Seems like a sure way to make yourself even more depressed.
And besides, if you really don't wanna see it, why not just stay off the forum for a day? Not trying to be rude, but that seems the best thing to do
Problem with staying off the forum for a day is that the posts stay up indefinitely

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Two things that have happened in recent years:
1) Generally people have become more easily offended, and along the same lines people can take themselves far too seriously. Even in times like this people can’t loosen up.

2) Matt Groening once said, the reason the Simpsons keep going, he keeps finding comic targets. And some of the best targets are people that can’t laugh at themselves.
As far as musicians go, Prince was a perfect example. Weird Al wanted to do a Prince spoof, and Prince put an injunction out and killed it dead. “How dare you make fun of me? I’m an artist! My work is sacred! I’m The Artist Formerly Known As The Artist Formerly Known As Prince!”
Other musicians, are highly flattered when Weird Al parodies them. That’s a sign that you made it!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I don’t mind jokes like what Toughpigs does or doing something completely crazy like saying you’re Big Chugus.

However, Muppet Central has a problem with the same jokes been repeated every April fools, and with how crappy everything’s been. I do not wanna see the same crap like this character is returning or Disney to release a DVD set

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don’t mind jokes like what Toughpigs does or doing something completely crazy like saying you’re Big Chugus.

However, Muppet Central has a problem with the same jokes been repeated every April fools, and with how crappy everything’s been. I do not wanna see the same crap like this character is returning or Disney to release a DVD set
MC is so predictable as far as April Fools jokes. I dont even bother opening them anymore. No creativity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For my April Fool's prank this year, I had planned on having my entire Facebook account "hacked" by a fictional character, but it turns out that when it comes to Facebook's policies on changing your name on your profile, you're only allowed to do so once every 60 days, which would mean my account have to remain "hacked" for two whole months, which would pretty much ruin the joke.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A certain green-recolored character is mad he couldn’t capture a certain Japanese girl for April fools day, Snowth.