A small request for April 1, 2020

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
With how everything is all SNAFU at the moment, can we not do April Fools tomorrow. I am just not feeling up for it especially with how life is all messed up at the moment. I don’t need the inconvenience of hope for web browsing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know people can’t wait for March to be over. April doesn’t promise to be much better. Our church had to cancel Easter, and my birthday will be very quiet.
At least February I was able to throw a good bash for my wife’s 50th. Any later I would’ve had to pull the plug.

But if youany good memes to post, please do. Anything to lighten up the mood.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, to be honest, I can see why people feel the way they do, and maybe pranks and such may seem to be in poor or questionable taste right now, but at the same time, I agree, I feel like we need whatever we can get to lighten up the mood and blow off a little steam right now.

Granted, I don't do April Fool's pranks on MC anymore, because I've done them so much, you guys actually come to expect them of me, so it's like there's no way I can fool any of you . . . but, luckily, I have some new suckers elsewhere on the interwebs I can prank, so I'll just worry about that.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I know people can’t wait for March to be over. April doesn’t promise to be much better. Our church had to cancel Easter, and my birthday will be very quiet.
At least February I was able to throw a good bash for my wife’s 50th. Any later I would’ve had to pull the plug.

Yeah I think we should cool it with the practical jokes this year. But a separate thread dedicated to coronavirus memes would be fun and bring some much needed levity. Just keep it classy though

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is it possible to do obviously outlandish stuff for fun? Like, threads not trying to fool people, but just things that are so ridiculous that you can take a brief glance at it and know it's not serious? That's what I tend to do, that's what ToughPigs does.

I do agree though that MC Forum does not know how to do April Fools. It's usually the most obvious "jokes" imaginable like, "BREAKING NEWS: EVERY EPISODE OF SESAME STREET TO BE RELEASED ON DVD TOMORROW!". It's so stupid and tedious.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Is it possible to do obviously outlandish stuff for fun? Like, threads not trying to fool people, but just things that are so ridiculous that you can take a brief glance at it and know it's not serious? That's what I tend to do, that's what ToughPigs does.

I do agree though that MC Forum does not know how to do April Fools. It's usually the most obvious "jokes" imaginable like, "BREAKING NEWS: EVERY EPISODE OF SESAME STREET TO BE RELEASED ON DVD TOMORROW!". It's so stupid and tedious.
I don’t mind the outlandish stuff that Toughpigs do like the no news tonight one from a few years back .

However, MC has certain members, not naming any names, that do April fools every year and it’s kind of annoying. Plus this year it’s not really what time for jokes when everything is all depressing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Plus this year it’s not really what time for jokes when everything is all depressing.
It seems to me that when everything is depressing that's the best time to make jokes! What's the sense in wallowing and forcing yourself not to make jokes? Seems like a sure way to make yourself even more depressed.
And besides, if you really don't wanna see it, why not just stay off the forum for a day? Not trying to be rude, but that seems the best thing to do

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It seems to me that when everything is depressing that's the best time to make jokes! What's the sense in wallowing and forcing yourself not to make jokes? Seems like a sure way to make yourself even more depressed.
And besides, if you really don't wanna see it, why not just stay off the forum for a day? Not trying to be rude, but that seems the best thing to do
I would, but I do like participating in the conversations here.

I just don’t really want to see stuff like “New Muppet Toyline” or “Disney Plus to stream The Muppet Show.”