A NEW ThunderCats cartoon in 2011!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And for the record, I love Snarf. I have no problem with him at all- it's disappointing if he's not talking in the new series, but I guess I'll get over it. At least he's making an appearance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I never had a problem with Snarf, he wasn't Jar Jar Binks or anything, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm wondering. I didn't get to really watch the 1980's He-Man until recently (I prefered Thuindercats over He-Man, but I've been catching it at midnight on qubo), so suffice to say, I never saw the 2002 version. How did they handle Orko (a character that faced the same scrutiny from fans) in that one?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm wondering. I didn't get to really watch the 1980's He-Man until recently (I prefered Thuindercats over He-Man, but I've been catching it at midnight on qubo), so suffice to say, I never saw the 2002 version. How did they handle Orko (a character that faced the same scrutiny from fans) in that one?
I've only seen a little but he didn't seem that different to be honest, lol.

But I'm sorry all I could think about when watching the 2002 version was "Um, that's not He-Man, that's Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles!" :insatiable:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I actually saw the first episode of the 2002 He-Man cartoon a long while back but don't remember much of it. I never really grew up watching the 1980s He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon (though I certainly remember the intro and theme song- lol:smile:) - Like Dr.Tooth- I was much more into ThunderCats as well. (amongst other cartoons):big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They HAD these DVD sets at Target... 10 episodes for 5 bucks... and wouldn't you know? I finally wanna check it out, and they're gone.

Though, I know where I can get the odd late 80's "No one cares about it anymore" New He-Man series.

But I'm sorry all I could think about when watching the 2002 version was "Um, that's not He-Man, that's Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles!"
You know, when I first started checking these out, I noticed Allan Oppenheimer's Skeletor was not all that different from his Oil Can Harry from the Filmation Mighty Mouse. I liked his Prime Evil a little more, though. It's similar to his Battle Cat, but more sinister, and with electronic disturbances.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I did watch both He-Man and Thundercats, but probably the latter a bit more. They used to let us watch Thundercats in Pre-K during naptime, lol! Ahh, good times. : D

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know all this publicity about the new Thundercats cartoon lead me to revisit the old episodes the other day. My friend and I were wondering why Thundercats never seemed to have those "very special message" segments at the end of the episodes, the way He-Man and G.I. Joe did. Then again, what would giant anthropomorphic cats talk about?

"Just Say No to Catnip!" ; D

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, not every cartoon in the 1980s did those PSAs. But they sure did have them on a number of cartoons. And hey- at least they were trying to take some responsibility. I guess the toy companies were acknowledging that they were using the cartoons to sell tons of toys to the parents' kids, so at least they could tell the parents that they're also telling the kids important messages like, "Don't play with matches" and "Don't eat poison".:big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
But although "ThunderCats" didn't really have a separate "very special message" at the end or anything, they most always had a positive moral value taught in every episode and that usually was addressed by the end of the episode.
Wilykit- So you mean if I had told the truth about accidentally ripping Tygra's whip and not made up that story about Sslithe breaking into the lair and stealing it- we wouldn't have been lured out into the open like that and led into Mumm-Ra's trap and could have avoided this whole thing?
Lion-O - That's right, Wilykit. Just remember, we can replace Tygra's whip because he has an insurance policy on it. And like we always say, honesty is the best policy!
Snarf- Snarf, Snarf.
(All laugh uproariously for a solid 5 minutes over something that isn't that terribly funny at all.)
:big_grin:
(However- despite the seeming corniness at times- it is important to be honest because lying is a sin. So I'm not joking about that part. But I couldn't resist having a little fun with those classic PSA moments. Haha- I still love that show. I wish more cartoons today, corny or not, had positive moral messages like that.)