A Muppet Variety Show (Mixing Old and New)

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well, I've been thinking of a new idea for a Muppet show, entitled The Muppet Variety Show.:stick_out_tongue: It would be an hour long, and would be broadcasted on the Disney Channel. The host would be yours truly:smile: , and would feature 2 guest stars an episode, usually one of them being a Disney Channel star. The show would also mix old and new, with many new additonal segments and skits, and some old to the liking of many classic fans. Many old skits and segments include Pigs In Space, Vetenarians Hospital, and some new
Wayne and Wanda material.

Just like in Muppets Tonight, the setting is set to take place in a studio, and would feature a real live-action studio audience(like the Tonight Show). The show would also see the returns of many Muppet charcthers(in speaking roles) such as Rolf the Dog, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem, Scooter, Beauguard, and Bean Bunny. Not to mention new reditions of classic songs such as Mahna Mahna, Bein' Green, and The First Time It Happens. Also aboard are some new live- action Muppet Babies skits(in the form of puppets). So that's my idea, what are yours?:halo:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about a recurring Muppet monster sketch (meaning the return of various Frackles, Flower-Eating Monster, Luncheon Counter Monster, Behemoth, Droop, Shaky Sanchez, Tug Monster, Big Mean Carl, Aretha, Poison Cackler, Brool Minstrel, Murray Minstrel, Mudwell Mudbunny, and others)?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I dont like the idea, first off, we need CLASS acts, not low rate actors who perform in crappy kids shows. Plus, it should be on ABC, rather than the Disney Channel, because the muppets arent just for kids. Why remake old muppet songs when we allready have the classics? Plus it should just be in the old Muppet Show format, rather than it being an hour long. With two guest stars, the focus leaves off of the muppets. And having regular songs will be better. Thats one of the reasons why JHH wasnt too successful. For a new Muppet show, I say just continue on with the same TMS format, just add in Pepe, Sal, Johnny etc etc. Same backstage, same theater, same show. It worked the first time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We'll all have our own opinions. Of your initial idea SSLFan, I personally like the idea of an hour long show. I don't mind if it's on the Disney Channel, or whatever channel it's on as long as it's somewhere, lol. The Disney actors maybe aren't the best, but I don't mind if the Muppets are focused at kids, as long as it's done well. If kids like something, they'll grow up with it and stick with it even as adults.

I personally wouldn't add any of the new characters, but that's my personal preference. Muppets Tonight never really made it. while The Muppet Show lasted five years.

Gloat

Reaction score
How about a recurring Muppet monster sketch (meaning the return of various Frackles, Flower-Eating Monster, Luncheon Counter Monster, Behemoth, Droop, Shaky Sanchez, Tug Monster, Big Mean Carl, Aretha, Poison Cackler, Brool Minstrel, Murray Minstrel, Mudwell Mudbunny, and others)?
I agree completely :wink: