A Muppet Puppet Builder's Portfolio

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool. I wish I were more coordinated for marionettes. There was a VERY cool troupe of performers came in to Memphis, TN, recently and did a great show about Jack and the Beanstalk. In all my 32 years, it's only the second show I've ever seen. The first one was this guy who had a Pink Panther puppet that would walk around the stage and wave, and then would jump out at the audience and his body would come apart, and then back together again. It was horrifying!! I was only 6 and there's Pink Panther falling apart.

I was okay after the medication took effect, though...

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
sounds like a pretty common break away puppet, it a very old marrionetter trick, usually its done witha skeleton puppet

dwayne1115

Reaction score
so where you cloes to any of the muppeters they all seem really friendly if so who would you consider a lifetime friend from JHC?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
so where you cloes to any of the muppeters they all seem really friendly if so who would you consider a lifetime friend from JHC?

no i wasnt close to any of the puppeteers, the workshop and the puppeteering are two very seperate things, rarely did the two groups interact, at least now adays, i do consider most of the people i worked with at the shop friends, and i do know some of the puppeteers, but not on a social level,

the only people i keep in touch with are folks from the shop,

i think its a bit of a misconseption to see the company as a big family, it may have been like that in the past, but these days it is like most big companies, with very little interaction between the different groups,evryone pretty much keeps to there own department, while i was there it was very rare indeed to see performers in the shop, and i was only on set when i need to be,

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hey, James

Hi, James,
Don't know if you remember me or if you got my e-mail but I worked with you briefly while I was an intern in the NY shop back in 1999. I was very pleased to work with you and the rest of the talented and creative staff back then. It was a dream come true to have the opportunity to work with people who I had read about in all the Henson "behind the scenes" books, and saw on T.V. specials over the years. I'm very sorry what happened to you and the workshop staff. :frown: Please give anyone you still keep in touch with from the shop my best. I think of all of you often. I've seen/talked to a few people here and there but that's what my e-mail was about and I don't want to get into it too much here on a public forum. But all my best and hope you continue to do some great puppetry work. Hope to hear from you soon.
Melissa Yowhan

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this site is becomeing a refuge for people who use to work with JHC lol if only we could get Jerry Nealson on here then that would be cool as well. i say welcom former JHC workers to the MC family. :smile:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
you would be suprised how many come here, of course alot of the time, we think you folks are nuts(see the thread asking what sort of soda dave goelz likes)

but most dont post, since i dont work there anymore, i dont mind posting, of course should i ever start working there again, i probaly wouldnt post as much,

MelissaY1

Reaction score
RE: Henson folks on MC

There is a lot of folks here on Muppet Central who work for Henson, I agree. I think they just like to understandably keep a low profile. I've always posted here on the boards (though not that often) but never really mentioned my Henson internship, because a) the internship process at the company has changed so much now so I wouldn't really be much help in offering advice on how to get one and b) being that I worked in the NY workshop I didn't want a bunch of people e-mailing me asking questions about how do they do this, that, etc. While I don't work for Henson anymore either I don't feel comfortable giving away any "secrets" which most of the folks here know anyway. :smile: So I'm mostly a lurker but I enjoy the posts...
Melissa Y.
(and hello to all my former co-workers out there. :smile:)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Steve, Jerry, Karen, Mike, Bill---they've all posted here before.