A Muppet Fandom Documentary

TSSD

Reaction score
Not really fan fiction as much as a fan project. What I would really like to do, is expand on an idea given by Vic Romano on the "When we go to see the movie" thread. I'd like to make a documentary about the muppet fandom and it's excitement around the new muppet movie. It would hopefully give some background on the muppet fandom since MFS, the excitement surrounding the return of the Muppets' popularity. It would also highlight some muppet fans and their experience around the movie, hopefully some of the people who run the fansites and podcasts, as well as some of the average fans. They would hopefully film outside the theater during their first viewing of the movie, and have interviews almost like you see in shows like the office (done over webcam or something, to include fans who don't live close to me, the footage they taped during the movie, hopefuly some clips of movies past, if I could somehow get Disney to let me, which I doubt they would, as well as this one. I have many ideas for the documentary, and hope to have it done by early 2012 and start working on it over the summer. If you have any ideas or would like to be a part of it, please reply to this thread.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm gonna' talk to a few people and see if I can make some things happen, but I would enjoy filming some theater goers after the premiere and see what they thought, plus film myself and my family on the preparation and stuff before going to see the film.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I would LOVE to be a part of this! Whether you want to interview me, profile the Mindset, whatever... I'm here to help!

TSSD

Reaction score
I'm gonna' talk to a few people and see if I can make some things happen, but I would enjoy filming some theater goers after the premiere and see what they thought, plus film myself and my family on the preparation and stuff before going to see the film.
Thanks. Personally, I'd really like to see if I could get this going somehow, and if I could, maybe try contacting Disney and seeing if I could use clips or songs from Muppet projects they have the rights to. I don't know if they would let me, and I really doubt it, but I could hope. I could edit it and organize everything, but I would really need other people to film themselves and others outside the theaters they go to, and maybe film at D23 or other Muppet events if they go.

TSSD

Reaction score
I would LOVE to be a part of this! Whether you want to interview me, profile the Mindset, whatever... I'm here to help!
YES, I would love your help, maybe by interview, including the Mindset in an overview of fansites, etc. All the articles on your site are amazing!

Puckrox

Reaction score
This is an awesome idea! I'd love to be a part of it. I can't really offer much, but I would be willing to be in it and film my experience of going to the premiere here in Oregon.

TSSD

Reaction score
This is an awesome idea! I'd love to be a part of it. I can't really offer much, but I would be willing to be in it and film my experience of going to the premiere here in Oregon.
Thanks! Again, I would really need as much help as possible from people willing to film, be interviewed, etc, so any help is appreciated.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd be glad to help out with this. I'm no big name in the fandom, but I've been a fan of the Muppets since Sesame Street premiered (when I was one year old). I started reading at age two in no small part due to that show. I was especially into The Muppet Show when it was on the air. Recently, thanks to the wonder of the Internet and DVDs, discovering Muppet items I'd never seen before, like Fraggle Rock, and I've been having a ton of fun perpetrating fan art and fan fiction.

Dunno if that viewpoint would be of much use to you, but if it is, I'd be happy to pitch in.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I would love to take part! I could interview people, myself, and film me and my family's preparation to the movie! Though, I'm thinking, how will we reach the videos to you?

TSSD

Reaction score
I would love to take part! I could interview people, myself, and film me and my family's preparation to the movie! Though, I'm thinking, how will we reach the videos to you?
Wow, I can't believe I haven't thought of that. Probably e-mail them in smaller parts or maybe mail discs with the files on them, maybe post them on one of those media sharing sites, I'll think of something.