A Muppet Family Gathering.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
APPLAUSE!!!! Death!! Oh Death!! Ed!! You get (((HUGS))) for Death!! WOO!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... But I hope you like the speaking voice I gave him as well. Hmmm, you don't suppose you could nudge/nag a more than mutual acquaintance of yurs from Chicago to come in and rant and rave and review do you?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks... But I hope you like the speaking voice I gave him as well. Hmmm, you don't suppose you could nudge/nag a more than mutual acquaintance of yurs from Chicago to come in and rant and rave and review do you?
Death really was lovely, my only complaint is that his speaking should be in all caps...But I guess you really wouldn't know that because of your vision problems. So no worries man! :wink:

And as for what's-er-name in Chicago...Hey, nagging is her specialty, I think she'd be more than happy to get some friendly nagging about reading instead of writing...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Kermit voice: Oh good. Can't seem to contact that girl, her PM still keeps saying it's exceeded its storage space... And when I send her an E-mail through the forum, it just bounces back with a Mailer Demon Failure Delivery notice.

As for Death... I know it's supposed to be in Caps, but I prefer to just write his speaking role naturally. Gives it a sort of calmer demeanor that one would associate with Death, not to mention that it still conveys the seriousness of what it would mean to have Death talking to you or a fiend of his.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
County said:
As for Death... I know it's supposed to be in Caps, but I prefer to just write his speaking role naturally. Gives it a sort of calmer demeanor that one would associate with Death, not to mention that it still conveys the seriousness of what it would mean to have Death talking to you or a fiend of his.
Oh okay, sorry for the confusion. :smile: Can't wait for more!

BEAR

Reaction score
Looking forward to more story when ready, Ed!

christyb

Reaction score
Wow I wasn't as far behind as I thought. Okay back to the story. Great work...now come on..more please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Would love to... Unfortunately, Lisa's old foe has claimed another victim here.
Or at least all the hecticness from the schedule and trying to do reading studying for said classes.

Last part when I get the chance though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here it is guys.

Chapter 30, (Part 3).

The Muppet Theater was positively buzzing with activity. From the exterior, it looked just like an ordinary stageshow theater, the neon lighted sign reading the occupants' theater company name visible in the late afternoon hours, its inner lights remaining turned off. The flipper steps of a green amphibian walked down the center aisle.
"Will our meals have morally redeeming values?"
"Yes, I hope so Sam."
"Peit-Zza! Peit-Zza!"
"Ooh, me hope me get good slice."
"Kermie! I tried saving a seat for vouz, but some creep ripped it out."
"MMM, chair delicious!"
"Is it always like this Mit?"
"This is so cool, hanging out with my roomies!"
The main Muppets from Sesame Street were seated in circle formation upon the wooden stage, singing one of their songs. The spooks were showing off their lofty surroundings to their fellow haunters. Kermit reached the bottom of the aisle, hopped on to the front center spot of the stage, and flagged down everybody's attention. For once, Janice didn't quip out one of her patented lines, content just to be snuggled up with Floyd's arm resting around her. The rest of the gang had pretty much picked out their own spots out in the audience, a jumbled arrangement of faces in the familiar crowds of Hensonville's extended family.
"Hi-Ho, and welcome to the Muppet Theater. It's great that you could all be here for one last night before heading home. We'd like to thank everybody who made it out here, joining us at the Count's castle for our annual celebration."
"Hey man, like when's the food getting here?!"
"Yeah... We rats need to eat Kermit."
As if on cue, the catering task force sent by Jull's Pizzeria ambled through the doors leading to the mass of hungry Muppets. Their expert folks dispensed pies of all number of slices, even chucking some cardboard boxes up at the balcony.
"We surrender!!" the old hecklers cried, waving a white flag as some of the boxes landed with a thud around them.
The friends Kermit had made in Hollywood known simply as "The Muppeteers" were the ones launching the fast food at their targets, a sort of happy chaos ensuing that moment. Toppings were many and varied. You name it, everything from A to Z: anchovies, artichokes, bacon, caviar, chocolate chips, chorizo, devilled eggs and dilled pickles, eggplants, fresh fruit, garlic, hamburger beef, horse radish, Italian sausage, jalapeños, kielbasas, lobster, mozzarella, mushrooms, noodle sticks, octopus meat, olives, onions, peanut butter, peppers, pineapple pieces, queso frito cubes, radishes, salami, sardines, scallops, shrimps, tomatoes, uzo, vanilla, white bechamelle sauce, extra cheese, yams, and zucchini. Music seemed to pour almost out of nowhere as this pizza party kept all the guests from almost every branch of the Muppet family rollicking in the aisles.

Nightime fell across the blanketed cityscape, tucking everyone into a vast ocean of softened darkness. Groups of Muppets already traveling back to their own homes, only the residents of Hensonville and the main performing troop remained. Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor raised a cup to their lips, toasting the night from their seat upon the theater's roof. The clock embedded into the prominent tower of Beth's Clock Shop tolling away the late hours. The town's local Hooper's Store closed for the night, it's appropriate sign hanging from the shop's door. Only some of the rats scurried off to Everybody Eats, hoping to catch another morsel of their favorite delicacies. Rowlf and Wanda were enjoying a rare quiet moment at Marvin's Music City while he played a soft tune on the store's inside piano, the calico lying across the piano's top lid. Gonzo and Camilla were nestled in each other's arms, watching the world slumbering before them on a bench in the park. Ed was locking up the toy shop before heading home to the dorms, a slight longing look on his face, trusting in that Catherine would indeed find a way to get them to Vegas in time as she had offered. Bobo just said "Good night" to the last miscellaneous person who set foot out of the KMUP TV station. Scooter and Sara had gone out to the Deep Freeze ice cream parlor for a quick little snack, whereas Skeeter and Clifford were enraptured marvelling at the subtle nuances of the stars above from their spot on top of the boarding house's own roof. Not to be outdone, Kermit and Piggy had taken up the couch in the middle of the living room, almost everybody else out strolling or asleep, including Robin. Kermit looked rather pleased with himself, one arm free from the tangle of limbs between him and his lady pig. Piggy was tired, but happy, falling asleep on the couch glad to be back home with her Kermie.
"Yep... This was the greatest Muppet Christmas ever. Jim would've been proud."
With that, the frog nodded off himself, that pervasive smile etched upon his froggy face as the scene faded out back to the ever-present Plutonian shores.

Submitted for your approval... Ed "The Count".