a Letter from Dave Yeahhhh

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Today I got a letter from Dave Goelz (aka Gonzo) heres what the letter sayz: Stevie, Thanks for your great letter - that really made me feel good! I'm planning to fram the drawing you sent me of Gonzo and Bunson, Best, Dave. and he also sent me a photo of Gonzo in a yellow shirt and black and white pants and its also sighed by Dave heres what that says: To Stevie, with fondest regards from your personal friend in Hollywood! The Great Gonzo & Dava Goelz. Yes, Im going to fram this and hang above my bed in my Diz room! lol. and plus hearing about Disney MIGHT get them this week that also made my day, b/c i had a REALLY bad day today in school some jurk told me that Mickey and the Muppets Sucked!! and I got soooo upset, that jurk but once i got this in the mail and read about Disney & buying the mUppets i felt a lil betterand plus visiting my friend shere on MC makes me feel more better! thanks guys! :frown: :frown: :sympathy: ....:big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's all great! You really do get excited when you find something like that in your mailbox.

:concern: :confused: :cool: :sleep:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
all I ever get is Wal-Mart ads (although they do entertain me....)

Sarah

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Its been a good day for me today....In addition to meeting Caroll Spinney, in the mail today was a photo of Gonzo from Dave.

If you are reading this message board and see this post, Thanks DAVE !!!

Michael

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, that is really great. I have been contemplating sending a letter for a while now but knowing that there is a chance of a reply has made me decide to send that ASAP.

The questian is, I type ALL my letters on the computor, but should I write this one by hand to give it the personal touch?

Also what did you guys say in your letters? I mean there are a few questians I want to ask him but would it be better to just say that I think he is great and thank him for continueing to perform for us?

:zany: Beauregard :zany:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
I hand wrote my letter to him.

To me, personally, I think a handwriiten letter is better as its more sincere and genuine as opposed to a typed letter that looks like a basic form letter for an autograph request. If you got poor penmanship and its unreadable, than type the letter :smile:

Basically, my letter to him was "from the heart" about Gonzo and his other characters and what each means to me and how they have affected me through the years. It showed that he read my letter via the inscription from Gonzo on it.

Just write what you feel inside to him and you should have no problem.

The turnaround time was around 6 months or so. Just be patient. For awhile I thought my letter was lost via the mail or that he didnt receive it and I was going to send him out another letter. Now, I'll just be sending him a THANK YOU card :smile:

Dave must be either backed up with his mail, extremly busy, or the Henson people save his mail and foward it to him when he has alot.

Thats the advice that I give you.

Hope it helps.

Michael

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I thought most of that. But this isn't an autograph letter.

I wanted to tell him that one of his characters was me fav. and to ask him why that character has left the Muppets. (Beauregard)

So what do yo think? My handwriting is Aufull!!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
My handwriting is awful too, but it's the only way I'll send a fan letter.

I just be EXTRA CAREFUL, and if it doesn't look that great, I consider that a "rough draft", and then just copy it even more carefully for a final draft.

And hey, I must be doin' some'in' right, I've gotten 2 responses so far... :smile: (non-Muppety)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My first drafts are typed in the computer because I can type faster than I print, then I go back and print the letters by hand. Sometimes I include a drawing et al.

I always include self-addressed stamped envelopes for responses. 9x11 envelopes with 3 stamps for photos.

FOZ

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetFan123
The turnaround time was around 6 months or so. Just be patient. For awhile I thought my letter was lost via the mail or that he didnt receive it and I was going to send him out another letter. Now, I'll just be sending him a THANK YOU card :smile:
That's reasurring because I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get a reply. I wrote about 5 months ago so I'll just keep waiting:smile: