50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Unless Joe maybe...
I like the season two version, though someone at my work theorized possibly the original copy has faded or in mediocre quality. Though it seems weird that it would be ruined.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I highly doubt that’s the case. I think it’s more of a case of the season 2 version overpopulating the original.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anything super well-known is bound to be included. For example, it's 100% likely that "Rubber Duckie" will be included!
And it will be the season 2 version since the season 1 version is pretty much dis-acknowledged now. :shifty:

Sorry for the negativity, but that is one pet peeve I have with the workshop in regards to that song.
I wonder if it will be the season 2 version this time. I could see it being the recent celebrity montage (unless there's any celebrities they could not clear for this release). And with a Toughpigs person being involved with contents, I could see the original being more likely to be included.

I didn't want to mention specifics on what I was surprised wasn't mentioned, but Rubber Duckie was on my mind, as was C is for Cookie. One Facebook comment asked how many versions of the song we need, but that song technically hasn't been announced. All three versions from the show have been released on video before. In fact I think C is for Cookie has gotten more video releases than Rubber Duckie (not to mention more rerecorded versions on albums). I would actually rather this have the recent animated music video of the song as a bonus feature (not to mention some of the other animated music videos).

In thinking about street stories I hope it has, there's a few I'd like to see but feel like the inserts would need to be included, like episode 129 (where Oscar hosts the show), the episode where The Count hosts a radio show, and the episode where Zoe wants to be like Suzie Kabloozie. Those would be great street stories to have, but I feel they wouldn't be the same without the segments that get introduced in the street scenes,

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would love to see the sing along in the bathroom episode be released on the DVD.
Of all the long-unseen street stories, this and the scenes from episode 1262 (where Hooper's Store is used as a filming location) are the ones I most hope get included (yes, even more than the rare 847).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I would love to see the sing along in the bathroom episode be released on the DVD.
So do I. After seeing a brief clip of it in the "Sing" montage, it really gives me hope that we'll see it at one point this year, whether it's the full episode or just the linking footage.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So do I. After seeing a brief clip of it in the "Sing" montage, it really gives me hope that we'll see it at one point this year, whether it's the full episode or just the linking footage.
I wonder how likely the inserts disc will be to have song segments that are also sung in street stories included. I've noticed so far that none of the press releases mention Sing or What's the Name of That Song? being included, especially not on disc 1, which gives me hope that their inclusion will be as part of this.

There have been a number of multi-part sketches over the years, and I kinda hope some are included in the street stories disc. They may not actually be street stories, but it seems like a better way to include complete multi-part segments (especially ones that last several parts). On the inserts disc, if they were to include multi-part sketches, would they show all parts back-to-back or put in an insert in-between?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I've realized is that while one press release confirms Ladybug Picnic, that doesn't mean it's the original. Of course it probably is - the article refers to it as a classic, though the article writer could have been informed of the songs inclusion without knowing it was remade and assumed it was the original.

I've been hoping/expecting we'd get at least one thing from all 50 seasons (will we get anything from the upcoming 50th season?), but it currently doesn't say. It just says that we'll get segments from all five decades of the show. They could skip some seasons. I definitely don't expect street stories from all 49-50 seasons, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I was thinking maybe it could have material from every season but some seasons get skipped over on certain discs. Like disc 1 could skip inserts from seasons 4, 5, 9, 18, 32, 41, and 43, while disc 2 could have street stories from those seasons but leave out street stories from seasons 6, 11, 23, and 38 (and yeah, the season numbers are picked at random, doesn't reflect what I want or expect).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I hope the DVD comes with some new stuff we haven't seen yet or some rare stuff we have been looking for instead of nothing but the same old crap that has been on the last few compilation DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.