50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, it looks like we'll be getting "street scenes," but not the episodes as they originally appeared.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So, there won't be any full episodes...so what? If a dedicated fan earned the privilege of choosing what's going to be on the DVD, I'm sure it will be worth buying.

Yes, I would like to have access to as many full episodes as possible, but sometimes it's better to just accept things the way they are...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So, there won't be any full episodes...so what? If a dedicated fan earned the privilege of choosing what's going to be on the DVD, I'm sure it will be worth buying.

Yes, I would like to have access to as many full episodes as possible, but sometimes it's better to just accept things the way they are...
Sometimes the street scenes are more than worth it for me. Especially if some of the segments already on DVDs

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Personally I prefer getting individual segments over full episodes.

@ssetta let me ask you something out of real talk. Have you actually done a binge series of full episode marathons? Because if you have, i’d be amazed. Considering they’re hour long episodes with the same skits, i’d find myself having to watch one episode per day and then taking a break when finishing a season.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Personally I prefer getting individual segments over full episodes.

@ssetta let me ask you something out of real talk. Have you actually done a binge series of full episode marathons? Because if you have, i’d be amazed. Considering they’re hour long episodes with the same skits, i’d find myself having to watch one episode per day and then taking a break when finishing a season.
Plus you would get a lot of repeated segments over and over again

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Joe was compiling this when that Sesame Street 50th anniversary poll was done (I suspected it at the time).

So cool that we've got cover art the moment it was announced. Too bad the cover isn't like the 40th cover, where we could be seeing some confirmed segments (I know, the articles do confirm a few things).

The Vulture.com article confirms that the Patti LeBelle clip is Gospel Alphabet. Is that one really that great? It's been on the past two anniversary releases. I would have rather it be the one where she sings about crossing the street, or even another release of How I Miss My X. But maybe it's one of Joe's personal favorites.

I'm so glad that the press release confirms Don Music and Sherlock Hemlock in this, since neither was in 40 Years of Sunny Days (I'm trying to remember if Mumford was. I know he's in the "Luis and Maria get Married" clip, but the set cut off the very beginning which is the best shot of him, can't remember off-hand if Mumford appeared on-screen in another part of that scene). I wonder if it'll include Mystery Guest (doesn't say those characters won't be in the same clip) or separate clips of those two. I hope the aforementioned appearances by Forgetful Jones, Mumford, Sherlock, Don Music, and Lefty are all ones that haven't been released.

Interesting that the press release confirms scenes from the episode where Gordon and Snuffy run in the NYC marathon, as great as the episode is, it seems kind of random to include (or include in the press release).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Plus you would get a lot of repeated segments over and over again
Exactly. I can’t tell you how annoyed I got constantly seeing the S for Seal skit in the first four or five episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.