50 retired Sesame Street Muppets

jeremystclair

Reaction score
This video (the first in a series of videos) came to YouTube a few days ago. The video was made the celebrate Sesame Streets 50th and it's a really neat video and I recommend that you check it out.

I enjoyed the video. I thought when I clicked on it there would just be the usual retired Muppets like Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster and Guy Smiley and what have you but this video went pretty obscure. I completely forgot about some of these characters.
since he goes alphabetical order sherlock hemlock later guy smiley herry monster werent said as they made appearences recently.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Good thing. I read another list of retied muppets and Smiley was listed and I don't consider him retired anymore since he has made regular appearances since season 45 even though he was retired for a long time and we haven't seen much of Herry other than in web videos and one appearance in season 49 but he will be in the 50th anniversary special and can be seen in some behind the scenes footage for season 50

wiley207

Reaction score
Hey, I got credited at the end of Part 5 for providing footage! (Specifically, footage of Episode 4206.)
And I KNEW Vincent Twice was going to make it on the list. I also liked how he pointed out the "Mysterious Theater" title card being directly based off the funeral shot in the actual "Mystery!" intro.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
The first time I listened to that song I thought my ears were on backwards

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
this was a really good series! i honestly completely forgot about some of the characters on the list, so it was great to be reminded of them

DePingPong

Reaction score
Hey, I got credited at the end of Part 5 for providing footage! (Specifically, footage of Episode 4206.)
And I KNEW Vincent Twice was going to make it on the list. I also liked how he pointed out the "Mysterious Theater" title card being directly based off the funeral shot in the actual "Mystery!" intro.
I got credited too!

Cookie3001

Reaction score
me too, I uploaded one of the Mona clips in part 4, great things happen when you upload rare Sesame Street clips on YouTube