50 retired Sesame Street Muppets

Cookie3001

Reaction score
This video (the first in a series of videos) came to YouTube a few days ago. The video was made the celebrate Sesame Streets 50th and it's a really neat video and I recommend that you check it out.

I enjoyed the video. I thought when I clicked on it there would just be the usual retired Muppets like Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster and Guy Smiley and what have you but this video went pretty obscure. I completely forgot about some of these characters.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Very surprising that Snuffy was retired, since he was on the show for a very long time. Did Jerry Nelson's death play a factor in Snuffy's retirement?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Very surprising that Snuffy was retired, since he was on the show for a very long time. Did Jerry Nelson's death play a factor in Snuffy's retirement?
Snuffy is anything but, retired he’s more of a once season type character now. It doesn’t surprise on why, that costume is not fun to be in.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Marty was Snuffy starting in 1980, however his little sister Alice was retired which is why she was in this video

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Pretty good video! Much more in depth and thoroughly researched than I expected, and it was pretty fun.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I have never forgotten about Alice since that's not even possible, I only saw Betty Lou in books as a kid (though I vaguely remember seeing her in "Do the Alphabet") but I completely forgot about Baby Tooth and the Fuzzy Funk

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The video is excellent (to nitpick, I'm surprised he didn't balance the audio for the clips from the show)... I don't know if I'll be able to watch what will seemingly end up being well over an hour about retired SS characters, but I'll definitely be out on the lookout for more.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
They came out with part 2
This one had even more characters I had completely forgotten about