1979 Muppet Style Guide

simoragn

Reaction score
Thanks all. Just working on the listing, hope to go live soon. One thing I've wondered is that I can't accurately explain the contents or condition of the interior as the pages are wrapped in plastic. Would this be a plus or a minus for anyone looking to purchase?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Considering it's still "sealed", seems like it'd be a plus. I'm not familiar enough with these types of objects but the book binding is kind of odd to me. I am not sure if they were bound like that when they were distributed or not. Odd question but is the wrapping dingy and dirty or does it look like it's clean and professional? I'd venture to say it's not ever been opened.

simoragn

Reaction score
It has the look of something that's been sitting in a box for decades - I definitely think it's never been used. Some of the wrapping is worn, and there is some wear on some of the exposed areas - mostly the front bottom of the front page. The binding seems to be in line with the pictures on that page you linked to (the yellow folder and the tan/sepia pages that follow). It makes sense in that while it's bound, individual pages could be removed and returned as needed.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where / how did you come to be in possession of that?

simoragn

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where / how did you come to be in possession of that?
At a local 2nd hand shop. They also had a bunch of UK Muppet annuals - inc. one with completely blank interior pages which I guess was a mock-up. I assume all from the same source. I'm thinking it was part of a warehouse/storage clean out - but who knows...

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Thanks all. Just working on the listing, hope to go live soon. One thing I've wondered is that I can't accurately explain the contents or condition of the interior as the pages are wrapped in plastic. Would this be a plus or a minus for anyone looking to purchase?
well I know one thing, I really want to purchase it, it would just break my heart if someone else gets it.

scooterfan360

Reaction score

simoragn

Reaction score
Sorry scooterfan360, I know it's pain (I've been on the other end too). I just have no idea how to price it, so seems best to let the 'market' decide. You never know, it may go for a low price!