19 Years Ago Today

mr3urious

Reaction score
You ever wonder what would happen if Jim were still alive today?

Nick22

Reaction score
i prayed for him a couple times today. and i rully wish i couldve met him. :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Funny, I just saw the film For Your Consideration today for the first time and in the bonus features there was a cut scene of a ventriloquest telling her dummy she wouldn't crouch down under a desk. The dummy replied, "It was good enough for Jim Henson!" :smile: :wink:

But anyway, I recall in one of MC's tribute pages how in 1990 children had sent all these letters in tribute to Jim and one of them said, "I guess they needed Muppets in Heaven." That's always been a very comforting notion. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
i just made a tribute video. ill send the link once it gets all set and stuff.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Sigh. It rolls around every year, but watching some Muppets in tribute is a great thing to do.

EmMonster

Reaction score
You ever wonder what would happen if Jim were still alive today?
All the time. It makes me kinda sad, he died really young and if he lived longer he could've done more :frown:. But we can't really spend too much time on the "what ifs", the good thing is that even though the performers won't be around forever, the muppets will live on as long as someone can puppeteer them.
I made a tribute video where I sang rainbow connection and talked about how awesome he was, but apparently it sucked so much that it only got 2 1/2 stars, so I don't really know if you guys want to see it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The world really is a better place for having him, and at the same time, the world just hasn't been the same without him. God, I miss you, Jim... we all miss you.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hear, hear.

Here's to you Jim - you made the Muppets, and all the magic and silliness and weirdness, possible.

(And I'm waiting for Sam the Eagle to say "You are all weirdoes!")

animalrescuer

Reaction score
RIP Jim Henson.
The world has been a wonderful place when you were here. If it weren't for you, there would be no Muppets. No Muppets, no wonderful characters that had a sense of humor and lots of heart, just like you.

Also RIP Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl,Don Sahlin, Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss for bringing loads of Muppet magic to the world and it will last for years and years