Search results

  1. D

    Pixar: Are the glory days over?

    I think part of BRAVE's problem was that it came out so soon after DreamWorks released HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, and while both movies are totally different in terms of story and characters, at a glance, they look similar in terms of feel and tone (that and the whole medeval Europe setting)...
  2. D

    Favorite Dubs

    I've yet to come across a dub of "Letter B" that sounds as good as the original, but listening to the Dutch version, does anyone besides me think the lead vocalist sounds a bit like Jerry?
  3. D

    Learn Something New Everyday Thread

    Adele is only one year older than I am. I . . . never really thought about it, but I didn't think she would be that young.
  4. D

    BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

    Seeing Jeffrey Tambor in drag. I am gonna have some bad dreams tonight.
  5. D

    Have Ernie and Bert ever appeared as live puppets?

    They both were on Oprah's WHERE ARE THEY NOW? series last year . . . for some reason.
  6. D

    What made you roll your eyes today thread?

    I'm assuming the latter because it's not you.
  7. D

    What made you roll your eyes today thread?

    That a certain member here feels its necessary to give a like to practically every single post I make.
  8. D

    The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

    Tiny Dancer on YT recently posted one I've been looking for:
  9. D

    TV Alert: Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on ABC Family December 12 and 13

    I'm surprised they left Kermit in. Anyway, cropping the special into widescreen admittedly gives it more of a film look than a videotape look, which is an improvement, but of course, cropping in general removes part of the picture, which is one of the reasons I dislike widescreen so much.
  10. D

    TV Alert: AMC Muppet Movie Marathon December 11 and 22

    I don't care for Comcast's description of TMM: "Puppets upstage celebrity stars." Are people outside the Muppet fandom really that thick to realize that the Muppets are the stars of their own movies, not the celebrities?
  11. D

    Pixar: Are the glory days over?

    I saw that too; and proto-Buzz was really tiny (or, tiny in comparison to what he finally looked like) and already knew he was a toy. The Black Friday reel is on the DVD, and I don't remember exactly, but I believe it was Jeffrey Katzenberg who kept insisting the movie be more "edgy" and more...
  12. D

    Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

    Oh, surprise-surprise, we got another Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust holiday concert special again this year. Seriously, that guy's relevance ran out years ago, why do we keep giving him holiday concert specials every year?
  13. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    They must not put a lot of sprinkles on the O's in Korea.
  14. D

    The New New Quote Thread

    ROXANNE: Ed? Can't we go somehwere and be alone? ED: What for? ROXANNE: Well, maybe we could talk. Or get to know each other a little better. Now, doesn't that sound like more fun than miniature golf? (Ed glances at the camera, then looks back at Roxanne) ED: No! Come on!
  15. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    Well, I'm a cerealholic anyway, so even though I've eaten all my Frankenberry till next year, there's still plenty of others I can eat throughout the year. Another cereal I wish would come back is Oreo O's. Why did they ever stop making those? They were really popular.
  16. D

    The corny joke thread

    You got it.
  17. D

    The corny joke thread

    Here's one I just made up: What's Santa's favorite cut of fries?
  18. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    Well, it took a month and a couple of weeks, but I finally finished my stash of Frankenberry. Ten boxes.
  19. D

    Miss Piggy Goes to Washington

    But the Republicans have made it un-P.C., because apparently it's now offensive to say "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." I guess they feel we have to assume that everybody celebrates Christmas . . . even though we really can't, because, well, not everybody celebrates Christmas.
Top