Search results

  1. Luke

    Guys I need you!

    Hey Betsey, Sorry to hear about Fritzel - i'm sure he's up in doggie heaven thinking about you while munching on a large plate of sausages !!! I lost my hamster about two weeks ago and i know how bad it is losing a pet - you regard them as one of the family and it leaves a big gap in your...
  2. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Guys, I have absolutely no idea what silkscreening is but i can understand that technically there might be some minute loss of quality when putting two versions on a DVD but then so many other companies do it and i doubt people have noticed that much. Obviously i guess Disney see this as a...
  3. Luke

    Fox Muppet Show Info

    Hey Guys, I've heard a rumor from a very reliable 'source' that tells me that the new Fox 'Muppet Show' is going to take on much of last years 'New Muppet Show' format that was discussed here. I don't know how this fits in with the 'new and edgier' promises or the statement that this will...
  4. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Jamie Yeah i don't see why they don't stick the non-anamorphic version on the disk then, if Buena Vista already has it in the vaults then it's not gonna be much more work for them. Maybe when writing people could mention the non-anamorphic version that has previously been available from them.
  5. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Jamie Were the laserdiscs actually released by Buena Vista Home Entertainment ?
  6. Luke

    vBulletin Forum Questions: How Do I?

    Jess & Julia Seeing as nobody 'official' bothered to answer you i thought i might as well :- Julia :- Yes, when you log out or go away from the site for an extended period of time the 'New Messages' list does clear itself regardless of whether you have read the messages or not. I know it...
  7. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Hey Scott Great to have you here and no apologies needed at all - i should have been more clearer. Heck i'm an advocate of doing what you can whether it's call the customer line, write to the president, bribe the CEO with home made cookies - i guess everything helps. I work with TV...
  8. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Hey Scott When i said "Hassle" i was using Luke language that people here are usually pretty used to - i didn't really mean for them to stage all out naked protests in the Buena Vista offices .... although it would be quite an acomplishment for me if they did ! ;-) I think writing...
  9. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Yeah i understood that the more general 800 numbers and customer relations addresses would give you a generic reply and just get filed away but it's important to give people the official address - some people don't like writing direct to people they don't know. I however, don't care - they get...
  10. Luke

    Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

    Disney Contacts Hi Guys Just in case people will find it easier to have them all in one place or haven't written them down yet i thought i'd do a post where people can find all the info on who they need to complain to. PHONE :- 1-800-723-4763 - This will connect you to the people in...
  11. Luke

    Kermit's Swamp Years

    Yeah there are lots of opportunities - obviously they have to show the current Kermit doing a flashback to his youth in some way so that the viewer actually 'gets' the fact they are seeing a younger Kermit. I suppose thats where the current muppet cast could come in but i'd have expected...
  12. Luke

    Kermit's Swamp Years

    Gordonheap :- A puppeteer around here said they'd seen a rough cut from the people at Henson and they were saying nothing (as if - if you don't have anything nice to say shut up). A few people to do with my work have also seen the EPK - electronic press kit that is doing the rounds at the...
  13. Luke

    Quinn and Melissa's Baby is HERE!!!!

    Congratulations Quinnnnnn & Mellisa ! Miles looks like a cool dude (from the pics in the email) - very well done to you both ! Anyhow god bless to him, don't say the word 'brother' around him too much when talking to Rubber Duckie or he might have dreams about growing a beak and learning...
  14. Luke

    Which busts will you get?

    Even if they did ship to Europe - those busts are gonna be medium weight - at the very least you'd be looking at $40+ just to ship to Europe. I guess this is an excuse for you to fly to the USA to bring back some busts Warrick !
  15. Luke

    Animated Avatars

    Oh sure Julia - you try fitting Dolly Parton's bust into a 64 by 64 pixel avatar graphic - it ain't gonna happen ! Mind you, if all the guys here get together and take an arm (you'll notice i said arm) each maybe we could squeeze her on ! ;-)
  16. Luke

    Kermit's Swamp Years

    Yep i forgot that with Family Guy AND Simpsons they had two animation shows on air. I knew they backed projects but didn't think they would go that far when they already had a winning format in the same genre. I'd think Fox are probably paying a LOT more to use an existing brand like the...
  17. Luke

    Animated Avatars

    Jess Yeah it's a bit hard to fit T 'n' A into such a small image - particularly Holly's ! I shall see what i can do ! *evil cackle* Britney and Justin kinda just fizzled out - that and the teddy bear i sent to Nsync's fanmail office filled with intoxicating poison must have kicked in. I...
  18. Luke

    Kermit's Swamp Years

    Yeah Greg Vs Muppets won't be in competition publicly - there'll be in competition internally which is about a million times worse as most TV execs are middle aged boring men who rarely watch their own shows. I think the problems will come when it comes to putting the Muppets on air and the...
  19. Luke

    Animated Avatars

    Yeah sorry to dissapoint people but no i haven't been lying to you all these years - i am not a tall leggy australian blonde ! (well - not unless i go out to 'certain' types of clubs) ! It is indeed 'Flick' from Neighbours also known as the delectable Holly Valance. I thought it was about...
  20. Luke

    Kermit's Swamp Years

    Jamie I also think that Greg could cause problems for the henson fox show - it's got such a head start against them and is much more suited to Fox. The cult following doesn't help the Muppets either and the show is much more suited to the channel. Still - the Muppets have more on their...
Top