Search results

  1. D

    Three questions about modern Sesame Street

    I'd agree on GeflingWaldo's stance exactly. Things I dislike: Firstly, as much as I like the character of Elmo, I dislike the idea of Elmo's world being an element of the show. Since it is clearly geared to even younger groups, it would have worked better as a second, supplimentary show...
  2. D

    Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

    At first, I was uncertain... then I felt a little better... now, with the Palisades Line dead, and the new Oz Movie... plus that rediculous pilot they taped.. I can sum it up to 2 words. HECK NO!!!!!! :sympathy:
  3. D

    Why is Sesame Street slowly dying?

    TO TALK ABOUT THE WORKS OF HENSON! I thought that was fairly obvious. \ Contempt, eh? Am I the one harassing members about their avitars, or screen names? Am I the one who keeps spamming people 3+ times in a row in the same thread, then starts 3 other threads about how much you cannot...
  4. D

    Will Muppet Babies ever be released to DVD?

    Gargoyles was made by Disney, and aired in syndication with the Disney Afternoon. From what I heard, the fans were badgering Disney to release it on DVD. How their clucking was louder than Ducktales fans, I'll never know. But if they can release such an obscure show, they certainly could...
  5. D

    Fraggle Rock: Season 1 DVD Coming Fall 2005

    This is where it got tricky! All the rumors seemed to contridict each other. There are NO plans, then? Well... the good spot in this whole thing is, that they are possible.... not probable. My hypothisis- uhsisisis... is that the sinlge release DVD's are testing the waters, and they seem to...
  6. D

    Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

    Thanks... I just need some reassuring. Anyway, I was always wondering about the TMS/SS crossovers in Movies. Henson owned both at the time, but there still was a disclaimer saying "Oscar the Grouch appears courtesy of CTW" at the end of GMC....
  7. D

    Happy Healthy Monsters DVD

    What other skits are on it, just asking?
  8. D

    Why is Sesame Street slowly dying?

    Preach brother preach. I've been on this site since it first came to Vbulliten. And ALL I've been hearing are the Same posts, about the same crap over and over. Heck, I USED to be one of those Anti-Elmo people. but then I grew... grew knowing there are much worse things in life than not...
  9. D

    Your Thoughts: Muppets on Disney's Christmas Parade

    I didn't comment on it until now... but it seems that the Shilling for Disney is in effect for the Muppets. I only watched it for them. The Disney X-mas parade is mainly just a darn commercial for Disney World....
  10. D

    Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

    It's not too much that I'm worried as concerned. I bet there'd be some royalty they'd have to pay and a disclaimer at the end of the episode. I'm going out on a limb on this, but the SS characters appeared on the Columbia/ Time Life videos after SW bought the rights and EMTV had the Muppets...
  11. D

    Worst Muppet Film

    >>"Zing" + "Magic" = what we're looking for.<< Hmmm... well... a little more zing than magic. We don't wanna get too sappy.... say (5z + 4m)/ c (classic characters)= what we're looking for. That's a basic formula... I'd get more coplicated, but then it'd just be silly!
  12. D

    Series 10 in 2006

    Hmmm... I thought series 10 was meant to be Palisades direct or a web site exclusive.... that was my understanding was. But I'm guessing it's a copywrite thing, or that Disney wants to have it's own crudy merchandise released for the crummy film....
  13. D

    Worst Muppet Film

    I agree with that last bit. If Jim and Richard were around at that time, I guess the project would either be completely different as a movie, or perhaps, not a movie at all... a special, I'd say. If things were like that, it would probably have been an all Muppet performance with humans as the...
  14. D

    Indian version of Sesame Street comes out in 2006

    2 things... one. What do they look like? Can you give us a general description? And 2... are they still going to make the Ireland and Japanese versions that were planned a while ago?
  15. D

    Sesame Street's 36th season

    Wasn't it rumored for some time that it will start in Mid-Febuary? Now it's been pushed back to April?
  16. D

    Zoom

    Is it just me, or is the Ubbi Dubbi language a total ripoff of Mushmouth from Fat Albert? :halo:
  17. D

    Muppet Film and TV References

    On the 3rd Invader Zim DVD set, on the commentary of Mortos the Soul stealer, one of the people working on the show says, "By the end of the [recording] session, Mortos started to sound like a Muppet" another person pops out, "I like the Muppets!"
  18. D

    Muppet Babies reference on Garfield and Friends

    WOW! Another Garfield special trilogy on DVD. All they need is one more, with Garfield's Feline fantasies, Garfield's 9 Lives and babes and Bulletts (the only one I haven't seen). I gotta start getting some money to pick these up.... I have a bunch on tape, but they are all old and worn.
  19. D

    Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

    Hmmm... Wouldn't it be great if they had the ITC or whatever closings still in tact, but had a disclaimer saying that it's their property now? Anyway, I am hopeful, though weary of such a thing. I love DVD box sets, but I can never afford them. I have a few, all given as gifts. Of course...
  20. D

    Three new Sesame DVD's on February 1st

    Okay... is someone willing to buy the Sing Yourself Silly DVD to see if the skit Kermit was in was used?
Top