Search results

  1. D

    100 Greatest Kids TV Shows

    I find this list pretty strange.... but as long as 2 Muppet projects are on it, I can't really complain. But I still can't get over the fact they labled The Simpsons as a kid's show. Especially after the heat it once had back in 1991, when kid's were imitating Bart's behavior. Not to mention...
  2. D

    Muppets on America's Funniest Home Videos - May 8

    Either that, or they're just turnging the characters to corperate Shills for Disney's crappy little ABC network. Other than Extreem Makeover home edition and Desperate housewives doesn anyone really watch any of this stuff? The network has Rodney, perhaps the most mindlessly generic sitcom...
  3. D

    Something nutty I wonder about Gobo...

    You know, when I posted this topic, I thought it would get 1 crazy answer or a "What time do you start drinking, Dr. Tooth?" :smirk: I still think it's Jerry's homage to the Canadians, even though I always thought the "eh?" was a stereotype perpetuated by the MacKenzie Brothers.
  4. D

    There Could Be Some Hope With Oz

    The edits were the idea of the Henson company, not NBC. And it was after pressure from numerous parental groups whining about how the muppets are "Kiddy entertainment." Of course, they didn't realize the same movie would feature Scooter Cage Dancing and Animal drinking Egg nogg out of a beer...
  5. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

    Actually, my nitpick was that they found green apples before... if they were so hard pressed (and that wasn't ment as an apple cider joke) to find green food, why didn't they just go back and get the green apples? It would have been a lot easier, anyway. >>Believe it or not, WGBH is airing...
  6. D

    Get Rid of that King!

    I'll probably never get why that humor is considered "funny." Is it just me, or is all that sort of humor on shows like "the Office" all about awkward pauses? It just doesn't appeal to me. I mean, even the Sierra Mist commercials have to do "long Awkward Pause" humor. They are deadly...
  7. D

    New movies coming out...

    I'm seeing Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy tomorrow (I have an advanced screening pass), So I'll try to talk about it Wed. or thurs. Of course, I couldn't tell if it held up to the book, since I've never read it (yeah... yeah... I'd read more, if they didn't pressure me so much in grade, high...
  8. D

    It's Official: Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set

    Remember a couple of years ago, when even a little 3 episode disk seemed like the impossible dream? When we were all eagerly siging Warrick's petition, hoping to see a couple of episodes on disk, but deep down feeling it couldn't be done? Hit picked up distribution, unexpectedly. Then...
  9. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

    That's what I mean. A dubbed Count is better than no Count at all. But then again, Frank Oz's dubbing in MTi and MFS kinda ruined the chemestry of the characters. But it's hardly noticible for the Count, especially if it's in smaller appearances.
  10. D

    Jim Hill's Disney Troubles

    He seems to be really whining about it as well. I think it's inevitable that something like this WOULD happen, but not exactly the hapinstance I had in mind. I'd think more of Disney siccing it's lawyers on Hill, until he ceased and disisted from blogging stuff about the company.
  11. D

    Something nutty I wonder about Gobo...

    I've been wondering this lately. Do you think that Gob's voice kinda sounds like a mock Canadian accent? I mean, the way he occasionaly slips the "eh?" into the end of his sentence. Was this a joke that Jerry Nelson played becasue the show was shot in Canada? :smirk:
  12. D

    There Could Be Some Hope With Oz

    Me too. I really wanted to like this movie somehow, and I think seeing the pictures and hearing the Electric Mayhem would be in it (after they were ruthlessly edited out of VMX by way of pressure from parental groups) made me feel a bit better. Let's hope some idiot doesn't go around saying...
  13. D

    Get Rid of that King!

    Ugh... I HATE the Skittles commercials, especially that one. "hey you sheep boys, Stop that Jibber Jabbering." :eek: Did anyone see the one with the "Sour man?" The most racist thing I've seen in some time.
  14. D

    Going to New Mexico episodes

    I still feel the real reason they were broken up was because it was taboo to have an interracial couple on television back then.
  15. D

    What is Marvin Suggs' personality like?

    I can't remember exactly where I remember reading this, but Frank Oz always felt the character would go home to a cheap house or trailer to a gaudily done up wife and tourtcher the Muppaphones in a small cage.
  16. D

    The Possibility of Miss Piggy as a Transsexual

    Well.... for me it raises the fact that Piggy is a female and Frank Oz and Eric Jacobson are both men.
  17. D

    Muppet Oz on ABC.com!

    I still have reservations about this movie (though wild horses couldn't drag me away from seeing it, at least out of cureousity) I'm kinda excited. At least, judging by the pictures. We'll still have the cultishly popular characters like Pepe, Bunsen and Beaker... as well as classic characters...
  18. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

    Me? I just want to see the parodies of 24 and Desperate Housewives. I could care less if it was entirely all Health segments. But then again, if they wanted to have reruns in the mix, they really should have thought of it before hand, and not make it some random thing. But getting to the...
  19. D

    Any plans for Muppet Oz McDonald Toys?

    BK has Star wars!?!?! I am so there! Yeah, and it looks like by the time the movie would come out, they would promote that Chicken Little or Herbie 2005 (ick) movie.... or then again, it could be something really asinine out of left feild... like the "The Dog" promo, which hasn't been...
  20. D

    Get Rid of that King!

    I serioulsy don't know what's more disturbing.... the double sausage double egg cheese moneter sandwich commericials, or the fact that people are EATING double sausage, double egg, double cheese monster breakfast sandwiches.
Top