Search results

  1. D

    9/27/05 Kermit WAS on "Good Morning America"

    Then again, it could have all just been a surprise pop in, or something, so we were all uninformed.
  2. D

    Ducktales and Rescue Rangers coming to DVD!

    Ducktales Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers My, this has been an exciting year for DVD releases. Heathcliff, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, and even episodes of Ghostbusters and ALF, the animated series as extras on DVD sets. Now, the big surprise, these two old Disney shows are finally...
  3. D

    Boxed set of classic SS episodes -- coming soon??

    I e-mailed them as well. I'm pretty sure it did indeed go through. Personally, as much as I'd like to see classic song segments like those, I'd just be happy with older skits and self copywrited songs (ones they own themselves)... you know, so we don't have a repeat of what Disney had to do...
  4. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

    Great episode yesterday, even though the back up segments were weak. I especially loved the Wacky Waldo claymation letter segment. a burst of classic SS silly letter skits, and finally some new material. Plus the comeback of the Letter of the day game show. Really wish they'd make a new Zero...
  5. D

    Celebrating Jerry Juhl

    Has this been an awful week or what? First, Don Adams, voice of my childhood hero passed away, now the great writing force behind the Muppet movies and show? This is quite a lot of depressing news in one week. It is such a shame that his last years with the Henson team weren't so great, after...
  6. D

    Unmade Muppets

    Personally, the only one they actually planned on making that I am most upset that wasn't released was Sal, since they made Johnny. Now, I've wanted him since he was constantly bumped from series to series, and I feel he should have been made instead of Usher Scooter or repaint Swedish Chef...
  7. D

    Study on Elmo and Broccoli

    They are already starting to do stuff like this with Spongebob. He's on packages of Baby carrots. It really is sad the way cartoons have to teach kids to eact healthy, instead of their parents.
  8. D

    "Muppet Rockumentary" in the works

    My guess, they renew it. That is if it's profitable enough. Anyway, I have no clue myself what this is supposed to mean, but it sounds pretty good. I hope it does have the electric Mayhem. I wonder if they have a perminant Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, and Janice yet.
  9. D

    Family Guy and Bunsen Honeydew

    My memory points it to be Seth McFarline, but I have to listen to it again.
  10. D

    RIP Don Adams

    I heard the news this morining. Growing up with Inspector Gadget, I felt like one of my childhood heroes died. I honestly haven't been this depressed over a celebrity death since Jim Henson himself died. Sure, I did feel kinda bad when Mr. Rogers passed on, but I actually cried this time...
  11. D

    Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

    I always knew that was supposed to be a parody of that song. I know he also tried the Beverly Hills theme with several different songs before Money for Nothing (commentary from the UHF DVD). But besides the point, I still horribly want this. But could we expect more from a Muppets DVD...
  12. D

    New SS X-mas collectibles at Target

    It ain't even Halloween yet! Anyway, I found several new collectibles including 2 different mini-ornament sets (one featuring Ssssssu-per Grover), several larger ones with a free mini, a Snowglobe (I think) and a singin Elmo and Cookie Monster in a Sleigh that plays Jingle bells and We wish you...
  13. D

    The Count on "The Simpsons"

    The Count appareance was basically one of the only 2 funny things in the episode. I also like how they lampooned Maurice Sendak for letting Bell Atlantic use his "Wild things" for advertisements. Other than that, it was pretty forgettable.
  14. D

    Family Guy and Bunsen Honeydew

    I always liked the Muppet refferences on Family guy. From Cookie Monster freebasing cookie dough to Big Bird acting like a REAL New Yorker, even the tattoo artist that kept insisting he could only draw Kermit the Frog. I mean, the Simpsons ones are funny too, but somehow, they're just funnier...
  15. D

    Fraggle Rock film in development

    I've always felt cheated there was no Fraggle Movie before for 2 reasons: 1, Fraggle Rock probably would have gotten a MUCH bigger audience if they didn't have it on a cable channel, a premium one at that. The cartoon was all the exposure they got outside of cable (except for the videos)...
  16. D

    Kermit's Christmas Capers coming this December

    Hmmm... a throwback to the glory days of the Muppet show type spcials, eh? With the mixed quality of the last 2 TV films (I thought VMX was very good, and Oz... at best it needed a LOT of work), It'll be nice to see a low-key half hour to an hour special. Too bad the Muppets have been...
  17. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

    Agreed! It would be great if there were more Grover storylines, but I'm guessing the lack of many is due to them filming Muppet OZ, since it had Eric's principle characters in it. But that's just a guess. I have a feeling if more Muppet projects come in from Disney, we won't see as many Bert...
  18. D

    PBS Kids Sprout to launch September 1, 2005

    Does anyone have an exact rundown of the schedual? Or at least what shows are confirmed to be on the network?
  19. D

    A guide to errors in Sesame Street Unpaved

    Mine's trash now! I read it WAAAAAAY too many times.
  20. D

    Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

    Well, dispite the fact that the stuff was sadly cut due to greedy copywrite holders who didn't want to make a deal, I'll still get this one. But, then again, if Disney has the money to renew the Rodney Covington sitcom, they should have had the money to keep this stuff in. I'm thankful they...
Top