Search results

  1. D

    Fast-Food Toys

    Can you post a list, or e-mail me, and I'll think something out. I'm missing a few of certain ones I wanted to get. I have a doubt you'd have any of the BK Star Wars ones you'd want to get rid of, especially series 2.
  2. D

    Are toy bubble pipes politically correct?

    >>On a related note, they took away Mr. Potato Head's pipe in the 80's because they thought it encouraged smoking.<< I actually have one of those somewhere... and I mean recently. I lost the entire rest of Mr. Potatohead, but I still have the pipe. Anyway, I notice that in children's...
  3. D

    Aw man...

    Wasn't the entire selling point of the dang network to show classic stuff like that (though I have to say, I grew out of I dream of Genie some time ago... but Bewitched is still as great as ever)? I mean, are they airing Full house and stuff like that? That's more of a TBS thing, isn't it?
  4. D

    CBS tries new SatAM line up...?

    The sad thing about Pokemon, is that since it popularized Japanese animation to the mainstream (along with over-edited versions of Dragonball Z) that everyone thinks that that's all Japanese animation is. I admit that I love the stuff, but no more or less than any other animation from any other...
  5. D

    CBS tries new SatAM line up...?

    As for cartoons... well... I can only say the only good shows are stuck on Cable. Spongebob and Fairly oddparent, I feel are well done, and hilarious. The New TMNT show, until the fast forward crap was pretty good, and even a few of the Dubbed animes were pretty good... until they all went to...
  6. D

    Smurfs or Snorks?

    If anyone's interrested... Snorks e-bay lot auction
  7. D

    "Fallen" Star Jones..

    As much as I don't care for the View, I have to admit... Star Jones was a lot more humble back when she was fat.
  8. D

    Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

    Funny you should mention Dora the Explorer and Blue's Clues.... Because of the popularity of those abominations to the human race....errr cartoons, Sesame had to emulate that kind of model. Something tells me in 5 years they'll realize it doesn't work out too well. But as of now, all I can...
  9. D

    Winnie The Pooh Court Battles

    I felt that way too. On the one hand, I did grow up watching the televised specials and the wonderfully done "new adventures of Winnie the Pooh" series... but then I saw a Pooh dressed up as one of the 101 dalmations and I almost puked (especially since I was angry they didn't have any...
  10. D

    So long Tom!

    I'll say what I've said 3 billion times... AFV is definately going to bring about the end of civilization one way or another. My guess is a possible de-evolution of human intellegence. I think the show needs to gracefully bow out. And I'm guessing, after the world ends in a thousand years...
  11. D

    Lennie Weinrib passed away.

    Dispite the fact he did the voice of Scrappy-Doo, it's still a real shame. Not a huge fan of his work, but I really admire the art of voice acting. I'd become one too, if that didn't mean I'd have to go back to school for broadcasting.
  12. D

    Merchandise being developed on Jim Henson's early works

    I second that emotion... though I will give them credit for doing a pretty good job with Ultimate Muscle... given the fact Toei took so many creative licenses with the original manga source material, completely toning it down, rewriting naughty bits, and adding characters where they shouldn't...
  13. D

    Cars: a review

    The Pizza van from toy story 1+2? No... I didn't see him, not even in the background. Maybe that was a joke for the trailer, and nothing else.
  14. D

    The Muppets Wizrad of Oz: ONE YEAR LATER

    I keep saying I'll give it another chance on DVD, but I never do. Considering I haven't even seen KSY yet, dispite the fact I could get it for 6 bucks, Vs. MOZ 14.95 (money better spent on the ALF or ALFTales cartoon disks). SOme of it was okay, some of it was wretchid. All and all, if the...
  15. D

    CBS tries new SatAM line up...?

    I think? I just read this in Animation Magazine: And I didn't think there could be anything worse than the lame Nick Jr. shows they had on now. This is their first original Sat Am line up since 2001 or so, and of course they have to pollute it with more of the same annoying programming...
  16. D

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    I checked this out like 3 weeks ago... Now, tell me... is it just me, or is anyone bored with the multiple posts of the same skit. That Hebrew 1970's bit has to be on there like 6 times.
  17. D

    From TVGuide: SS Adds New Female Muppet

    Too true. That's the problem with Female characters. You can't give them big, gaping, wacky character flaws without being sexist or offensive on some level... at least unless you do it right. (which explains why many Dads like Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, and Papa Bear from Berenstain Bears...
  18. D

    My turn to make a DVD announcement

    Actually I like Fosters from the 1 and a half episodes I've seen (actually, 3 halfs of episodes, but it adds to one and a half). but my favorite current one is Codename Kids NExt Door. I didn't think much of it at first, but I started watching it via Kebler DVD premiums and it cracked me up...
  19. D

    Gregg Berger

    Here's a couple to add Toxic Crusaders: Junkyard, additional voices Frasier: various V.O.'s The Drew Carey Show: Watermellon Eating Contest Judge (live action appearance)
  20. D

    Smurfs or Snorks?

    Mike Lu and Og... I always thought that was just a refugee from Nickelodian. Even looks like one. The girl's Bloody Elisa Thornberry with a bigger nose. Personally, I'm going with Smurfs... it's the original. Even though the Snorks was ALSO a european comic strip from the 60's...
Top