Search results

  1. Luke

    Has anyone ever lost a pet?

    Hey Zacky, Really sorry to hear about what happened to Barney and also your brother. I hope things work out ok, and i'm sure Barney will have plenty of fun chasing the duckies in that big ol' Park in the sky. I've had a few pets - first we had Fallon a cat when i was really little, she...
  2. Luke

    I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

    I get your point, but my whole post was kinda pointing out that sources have actually spoken about this and it's not all journalistic digging. I just wonder if Jim would have really wanted a lot of his beliefs to be completely ignored and the 'ping pong' thing to be used. Kinda just makes him...
  3. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    So Kenneths back, but does he stop in here for coffee ? No. Does he write or call ? No. Does he send flowers ? Nope ..... not even a jellybean. Mmmmmmmm Jelly Beans ! Of course we understand he has to spend time with the ever lovely Mrs Lilly, but well, the MC welcome home party is...
  4. Luke

    Creature Shop's Monkey to debut with Johnny Vegas for UK ad campaign

    Monkey is at least 2-3 years old, so it isn't really something that Henson have done lately at all.
  5. Luke

    I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

    Warrick, you have a right to say what you like but some of the facts behind it all, at least from the stuff that i said, are probably a little more solid than you think and not so much speculation at all. When i said that Jim encouraged people to use puppetry to teach the religion and that he...
  6. Luke

    I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

    No, to put it quite simply it was part of his religion. Earlier in his life he was a Christian Scientist and a very active one at that in the community - i even heard that he sometimes encouraged other Christian Scientists to use puppetry to get the religion 'over' to people which actually...
  7. Luke

    Muppet Smilies

    Repetition is the same as spamming. Thanks for the enthusiasm but the campaign hasn't resorted to dirty tricks ....... yet ! :eek:
  8. Luke

    Today I am a fraggle (almost)

    So where the HECK is Chasity ? What have you done with her ya, ya big hairy hunka love. I felt we were really building something special there Byron ! ;)
  9. Luke

    Creature Shop's Monkey to debut with Johnny Vegas for UK ad campaign

    Cory, You have Noooooooooooo idea what you're talking about babe - 'Monkey' (pronounced Mun-Kay) is his name, he isn't a Monkey. The person with him is 'Johnny Vegas' - he isn't from Vegas, he isn't a singer - it's just his surname and he's a comedian. Actually i know you pretty well...
  10. Luke

    Creature Shop's Monkey to debut with Johnny Vegas for UK ad campaign

    Phillip, This news is at least two years old, ITV Digital is bankrupt now. It was a great ad campaign though and i never knew it was a Creature Shop puppet. You could actually buy the puppets here in a promotion.
  11. Luke

    Woo-hooo I Did It!!!! I Am A Senior Member!

    Yeah, instead of 'Moes' we have 'Nates' !!!! :p
  12. Luke

    Question about the Jim figure answered

    Whether or not it's the puppet, it was still made in his likeness. His likeness is not owned by EMTV/JHC, it is something protected by the family who are part of the Henson Foundation. I would imagine the whole idea of using Jim's name and likeness was strictly defined in the sale contract for...
  13. Luke

    Bill Barretta is a Sexy Muppet Mans

    This is going to make the 'E! True Story :- Behind The Borrowers' documentary veeeeerrry interesting indeed ! :eek:
  14. Luke

    Question about the Jim figure answered

    Yeah, $99.99 and four UPC's would be far smarter ! :D
  15. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Yeah but they don't have the license to VMC OR JHH so really Bean as a figure would need to be the christmas version to be anything exciting i guess. Clifford, IMO, is a mistake as a figure - especially releasing him so late in the game. I think Clifford has been pretty much retired now, and...
  16. Luke

    Herbert Becker makes offer to acquire 100% of the Jim Henson Company

    I think it's gone beyond that point unless it's anybody spectacular like a major corporation.
  17. Luke

    Bill Barretta is a Sexy Muppet Mans

    Bill ? I have to wonder what position he holds in the organisation !
  18. Luke

    Bill Barretta is a Sexy Muppet Mans

    You have to do the hokey pokey while shaking your bon bons ! :rolleyes:
  19. Luke

    Woo-hooo I Did It!!!! I Am A Senior Member!

    You know you guys are making my hot tub parties sound incredibly unsavory, there ARE rules y'know. 1) No touching the penguins, 2) No drying off against Byrons back, 3) No giving any Caffeine product to Cory. BTW Sarah, great to have you here as a senior member but please remember, nobody...
  20. Luke

    Question about the Jim figure answered

    Jamie, I don't think it's been explained to everyone about the seperate licensing fee yet, maybe you can explain or something ?
Top