Search results

  1. D

    Cartoons can't smoke no more

    You know... do these things really have a negative effect on kids? I mean, an entire generation grew up on cowboy films with enough fantasy gunplay to "warp" an entire family. I think that garbage like Dora the Explorer and (especially) Save the Wonderpets have a worse effect on children.
  2. D

    Smurfs to hit DVD....

    In fact, after quite a while Warner Brothers actually stopped denying they actually were releasing it. They just got in a press release.
  3. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    Must've glazed over that. Downloading it now.
  4. D

    Cartoons can't smoke no more

    Yeah... like Filmation animating Tom and Jerry or Droopy. Now that is offensive on so many levels... :crazy:
  5. D

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    I think we're getting waaaaaaay off topic here... so just for that, here's the 2000 reunion tour of Little Jerry and the Monotones Unfortunately, Rockin' Richard is absent from the group. he left in a huff for creative differences. Mean while, Jerry and Jeffy are the best of friends...
  6. D

    Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

    But then again, considering it was only 2 episodes, they have about 10 years of EW footage that could clearly fit into those 2 places, even if they are reran endlessly. I agree with that up until you said "up and coming" shows. While there are some good ones (must I bring up Curious George...
  7. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    Does anyone have the Sesame Street version of Monster Mash? If so, I'll give you (not muppet related, but Halloweeny none the less) The Captain N versions of Thriller and a parody of Monster Mash called do the Freak.
  8. D

    Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

    Seconded. That Donald looks great. Plus he's my favorite human character, so if I find somewhere to order it, I'd probably get one. Plus the Goofy looks kinda cool too, dispite the fact it makes no sense.
  9. D

    Rowlf and The Swedish Chef on Saturday Night Live

    They reran this episode last night. Really should have said it earlier, since I kinda knew. Luckily this time they took out the "A Cartoon from Robert Simigle" clip from the opening, since there really wasn't one.
  10. D

    The most DATED thing on classic Sesame Street?

    Now that you think of it, I have seen fix it shops around, but they always did other things as well. If the fix it shop was like an electronics shop that also repaired electronics, it would be a little more realistic, even now.
  11. D

    Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

    The live action films, while I'm not a fan of, are a great mix in to the show. However, it is all about balance. I've seen less and less muppet segments, old and new this season than any other. The only muppet filler segments were the letter and number of the day, reused, and a few others...
  12. D

    Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

    I do say, i feel a lot better having Kermit play off Howie, because at least he has a history with the Muppets. After all, He was the voice actor for Bunsen, Animal, and Skeeter on muppet Babies, if only for a season. Hannah Bannana or whatever is new. And clearly they're forcing them...
  13. D

    Mokey plush doll

    They cleared them out, because most of the non major toy lines (The Major ones would be TMNT, Barbie, and Star Wars for example) only are available for a limited time. I never was able to back and get Red cheap. Marshall's had them for a while, but they're long gone.
  14. D

    What TV characters remind you of Muppets?

    Actually, King DeDeDe reminds me a lot of Pa Gorg. They have the same presense and they both think they're the rules of the Universe.
  15. D

    Where Are They Now?

    I wonder, and have always wondered... what happened to the Mr. Potatohead TV show puppet? Does Hasbro have it on display, or did the show creators have it in a glass case?
  16. D

    Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

    I honestly don't want to say that we were naive to think that this was going to work, but.... feel free to stop me, cuz you know where this is going. Firstly, I DID grow up with Elmo, but he wasn't all over the place. he was a popular character, sure. But he wasn't that big. It's not...
  17. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    So, I'm still looking for the Muppet Babies theme, preferably from Rockit to the stars and Water melons and Cheese.... which that one seems like a stretch. To trade I have Keep your Cool and Check me out from the Muppet Babies, and Lead Police from Sesame Street.
  18. D

    Cartoons can't smoke no more

    Those are just.... painful! They seem like company loyalty ads or something that the general public shouldn;t see. At least I hope they are. They could be ads. You see...this is why I like 40's animation much more than 30's animation.
  19. D

    Favorite Minor Characters

    Luncheon Counter Monster. he's soooooooo funny lookin'! And the part where he mumbles "Yeah, mapin' papapes" in the Makin' Faces segment of the "WOW you're a cartoonist" Video kills me everytime.
  20. D

    Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

    Being test marketed both gives me a little hope and worries me. If they can't tool it for the mass audiences to enjoy, we may not see them. If they do view favorably, I wonder what the kind of context they're going to have. I really hope it won't be overloaded with their "stars" and will...
Top