Search results

  1. D

    Muppets Branding World Premiere

    Seriously, when I heard "Muppet Branding" all I could picture is Gladys the cow getting a flaming hot brand on her. :shifty:
  2. D

    Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

    I clicked the Do not Touch button, and I got Animal running around and bumping into stuff. Good times...
  3. D

    Blast from the Past!: A Memories Thread

    Might as well toss a couple up in here: Samurai Pizza Cats Who doesn't love an anime with an English dub featuring an impersonation of Paul Lynde (or maybe it's Rip Taylor). My Childhood hero #1 (and In French, nes pas) Childhood hero #2 Something I like now, but wish it was something...
  4. D

    Katie Leigh

    I can remember she did a voice in some commercial. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was. I know she was a fast food drive through intercom voice. I'm guessing it was a phone company commercial.
  5. D

    PLEASE Tell me Phil Saw His Shadow!

    Ehh, I guess that we had all our snow in December, in MA (it almost had a steady torrent of big storms, at least 2 in one week). But I'm working on the theory that Global warming will actually lead to colder temperatures in certain parts of the globe.
  6. D

    How thin is acceptable?

    Yeah. I feel hideously uncomfortable about myself. So much that the weight thing isn't so much an issue with me. Techinically not only corn syrup, but quite a bit of stuff that comes out of corn, right to it being fed to the animals we eat. It goes deeper than you think. That said, Coaco...
  7. D

    PLEASE Tell me Phil Saw His Shadow!

    Idiotic superstitian that a Groundhog can predict the weather. if he see the shadow, it's still winter. If he doesn't (and he hasn't not seen it yet) it means we're in for an early spring. It's really quite pointless, but we got a darn good Bill Murray film out of it.
  8. D

    No more CDs?

    So long as you have a rediculously expensive player, and a rediculously expensive TV to watch them on. On the bright side, my crappy analog TV I had for eight years's antenna broke off, and I can't afford a replacement.
  9. D

    The Muppets and YouTube.com

    The Pirates of the Carribean kid's CD version of Shiver my Timbers
  10. D

    Don Music

    Piggybacking on this thread, I just had a hypothetical thought. Hypothetically, would Don Music be the song writer for the Alphabeats and/or the Monotones? I've seen the Alphabeats sing the songs he (and Kermit )wrote. And we all know that a lot of bands do not write their own songs. So...
  11. D

    Muppet Babies voice artists

    I believe Link Hogthrob was animated with the voice of Bob Bergan in the Little Muppet Monsters segments. I must say, he'd be perfect for those kind of voices, though. I know that Frank did the voice of the scatterbrained, and hectic professor at the center of the Earth that was in charge...
  12. D

    Yo! Noid

    Of course, like mother games of the era, this was basically an Americanized hack of a Japanese game. Of course, in that version, the Pizza card game makes more sense.
  13. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    I'm now looking for 8 Balls of Fur by Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats
  14. D

    Found an illegal Schleich set!

    This is why I tend to avoid bootlegs. The molding is sloppy, and the paint jobs look pathetic. They offer nothing interresting outside of being bootlegs. Now if they were an odd Hong Kong bootleg and they're all bizarre looking super deformers (I've seen an Incredibles bootleg like that)...
  15. D

    Your Thoughts: New Smilies

    Heh... I'd suppose that :coy: would have stood for :wembling:. But these are even cooler than the original set. Especially :hungry:
  16. D

    Do you think of Sesame Street as a real street?

    Firstly, lemme just say how much I hate Condo developement, because they always crush the best thing in the neighborhood. Years ago, we lost a candy factory in Cambridge. I miss that whole area smelling like chocolate. I don;'t even think the condo is even open yet. If so, no one lives in...
  17. D

    My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

    Which kinda sucks, since I think the very same artist brought a fun stylization to the ALF comics that came out at the same time. But I will say this. I loved Marie Severin's artwork in the Muppet babies comics, and whoever drew the Fraggle ones did a pretty good job there as well. But then...
  18. D

    Top 5 Retired Sesame Street Muppets

    Someone else would have to do his voice. I don't think Jerry can hit the really high voices anymore.
  19. D

    Do you think of Sesame Street as a real street?

    Actually, if it were like a real street these days, 123 Sesame Street, the Nest, Hooper's Store, the Fix it shop et al would have been bulldozed down for a bunch of luxury condos that no one could possibly afford. So it's not like a real street in that aspect.:halo: But even with a vivid...
  20. D

    My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

    Well, I doubt it would be anime/manga style for the Muppets. Did they mention any artists planning to work on it? And I wonder if the cartoonist that did the Disney Adventure muppet comics is going to be involved. I do admit, I like his stylization. Looking at the covers for the Muppets...
Top