Search results

  1. D

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    Ain' it the truth. Basically, I'm just really focused on collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. or Galactic Hero size stuff now. That's why I'm pushing for someone making a new set of PVC's as well.
  2. D

    Henson's Early Works on DVD!

    So, uhhh... is this still happening? We haven't heard anything since August.
  3. D

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    Well, my experiance is that they are rotocast/hollow to some extent (the Fat Albert one has to be roto, cause a solid plastic version would weight a ton). It's a little softer than regular plastics, so there wouldn't be quite as much detail.
  4. D

    No more CDs?

    Spectoral, maybe. Or some sort of pure energy.
  5. D

    Question about Shalom Sesame videos

    From my fuzzy recallection, I don't think any US Muppets other than probably Oscar had any new footage filmed for the special. The only other appearances of US Muppets were in the opening episode, shot on the US set (Unless Itzak Perlman was their alone). Other than that everything was just...
  6. D

    My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

    To me, Sesame Street will always be in the public eye. Even if it's only through the little furry red double edged sword, Elmo. Though the addition of Abby is pretty much the most high profile thing they did in years.* *Of course, that doesn;t count phoney or out of context news stories...
  7. D

    The first 25 years

    Exactly. Demise is a harsh word. the changes that really messed around with the show, IMO: The passings of Jim Henson, Joe Raposo, Richard Hunt, as well as Jon Stone in a short ammount of time. The addition of Elmo's World in 98 The addition of structural segments (which they seem to be...
  8. D

    Sesame Street Old School DVD's: Not For Kids

    Unfortunately all the corporate synargy in the world will blanket that notion. It's due to for profit kids shows like Dora and Blue that really hurt SS. Heck, even in the dark days of the 90's with Barney the Dinosaur and all his ripoff pals, preschool shows took a big hit in quality for the...
  9. D

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    Yeah. I can almost picture them being more statute-like. Either they're sculpted in a fixed pose, or they'll just have a few small bits of articulation. Simple head, leg and arm stuff. It would be great to have them resemble the Great muppet figure line of ought2, but I highly doubt that it...
  10. D

    Sababa Mokey Plush and Fraggle UNO

    David, my man... take a walk with me. I got a lot of things to tell you... If a toy company makes a prototype, it does not necisarrily mean that they're goint to make it in their line up. it has quite a bit to do with retail orders and stuff like that. Clearly Sababa wanted to make a...
  11. D

    Wembley plush and DVD

    Ahem... http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=36194
  12. D

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    MMmm... Not too crazy about hearing of Vynal figures. Will they be the smaller 10-15 dollar figures or those snooty artistic toys that cost over 50 bucks per? This sounds like a great idea, but if I can't afford them, then it seems like a moot point on my part. No doubt these will be great...
  13. D

    Bump in the Night may be Coming to DVD

    I like them too, though I'm disappointed they won't finish of Inspector Gadget or Heathcliff. I will say, I hope they can clear "School's Out for Summer." which I think was the only copyrighted song they used in the series.
  14. D

    Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

    Kinda crazy, though... Considering the UK was where they filmed the show. Other than the fact they clearly region coded something, this is a great relaunch. Though I admit, I really do miss "From the Balcony" and I would like to see it incorperated into this site.
  15. D

    Found an illegal Schleich set!

    It looks like a 5 year old painted it. of course, given the state of bootleg sweatshops, they very well could have. I bet you could cut your fingers up nasty on those sloppy hanging edges.
  16. D

    Is a Pepe Plush a dream or reality?

    the Photo of the Pepe plush from the e-bay Auction wouldn't be so bad if there were wire frames under the antenas. Maybe they weren't curled up. The 35th Anniversary Gund Yip Yip plush has the same problem. You just have to curl the antennas right.
  17. D

    My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

    I completely agree with that statement right there. Disney would want them to do well, but they just don't know how. The DVD sets seem to have sold really well (especially the first one, dispite the cuts). But other than that, they're expecting whatever they do to be an instant sucess (and in...
  18. D

    Bump in the Night may be Coming to DVD

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bump-Night-DVDs-Planned/8905 This is indeed great news for people who missed out on the single disk release back in 2003. A full set of the full series. I loved this show as a kid, and being a huge fan of Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings (Squishy and Bumpy...
  19. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    When you finish ripping the Surprise Album, can you please send me "Google Bugle"?
  20. D

    The first 25 years

    The Demise didn't happen until 1998 when Elmo became feverishly popular as a kid's toy, leading to his own segment. And the other would be that line of Bull about kid's needing structure.
Top