Search results

  1. D

    Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection warning...Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection war

    I always wondered what the point is with warning labels. seems to me the people that always have a problem with stuff like that totally ignore them, and then whine that they didn't get enough of a warning... or that it wasn't specific enough. Like near sighted elderly people that ignore the age...
  2. D

    Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection warning...Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection war

    And it's a preemptive strike, so they don't get calls saying that little Bobby tried to buy a loaf of bread for a nickle. That's how cartoons made in the 1960's corrupt our young. :)
  3. D

    Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection warning...Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection war

    And I'm like... what kids? The kids that watch Family Guy, South Park and Robot Chicken? An' Jetson and Space Ghost reruns are corrupting them? :D I'm just gonna say it's cuz Quick Draw McGraw has a gun or something. I still don't get the logic that you can't allow gunplay on a kid's show...
  4. D

    Muppet Robin Hood comic coming April 29, 2009

    I see what you mean, though I really loved it. We all know the Robin Hood story gets better and more exciting as it goes on, so I wouldn't say future issues wouldn't have a much better story line. I think Langridge has had more experience working with the subject matter, and that has worked...
  5. D

    Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection warning...Saturday Morning Cartoon Collection war

    Yesterday, I checked out (but unfortunately didn't buy) The new Warner Bros. "Saturday Morning Cartoons" collection DVD's... and on the back it said "Intended for adult collectors. Not sutible for children" (or something to that extent. "I could have sworn it said not safe for children," but...
  6. D

    Steve's Muppets: A Recipe for Pain?

    Yeah, think of it as the Muppet equivalent of Nermal from Garfield. Bean's supposed to be so cute that he annoys everyone in the studio/stage/whatever, and we applaud him getting injured or beaten, or slammed into doors.
  7. D

    Any News on Anniversary Specials or Appearances?

    At this point, I also wanna know if they plan on having any commemorative merchandising. Other than, of course, the 2 behind the scenes/retrospective books and that DVD set.
  8. D

    eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

    Here's something I'm wondering. I keep hearing about how they're considering a Reporter Kermit. Now, will they fall into the same problem Palisades did, and not get to use his reporter hat, as he wore it mainly on Sesame Street- out of the jurisdiction of their license?
  9. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    Depends... you can do it on adult prime time television, but on on kid's TV... I could rant about it here, but I'm starting something else. Though, I have to admit, the solo Bugs Bunny ads are much better. I have this old bootlegged tape that has one where he's trying to con Elmer Fudd. And...
  10. D

    Happy Birthday To Donald Duck!

    I recall hearing how Donald Duck comics were banned in some country because he didn't wear pants. And you know what always drove me wild.... whenever Donald lost his shirt, he'd cover up his pants area. The part that's already exposed.
  11. D

    What was the last DVD you bought and why?

    I was at one of those irreputable dollar stores... you know, the ones that specialize exclusively in Taiwanese knock offs and nothing actually costs a dollar. I got one of those generic, expired copyright or dub of a company that went out of business DVD's... Captain Harlock and Friends...
  12. D

    eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

    You know, I didn't really jump on these... not so much for the money, but I would have nowhere to put them without ruining them. But I would definitely leap at the chance to get a Pepe... or even Rizzo.
  13. D

    "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

    They seem to just bump up the cost, which is passed onto the consumer. And a good amount of the time, people rip them off, steal them, otherwise ruin them. Somehow, I think this release could do without it... maybe make it a little cheaper...
  14. D

    Muppet Robin Hood comic coming April 29, 2009

    Great stuff. I honestly wish I had the budget to get both covers of each issue... it's so hard to chose between them, since all you artists do such a great job.
  15. D

    Any word on a seperate Complete Season 4 release

    Again... they did perfectly well until the end of the license when they got greedy and lazy. Mostly lazy (and I wouldn't doubt Lionsgate pushed them into screwing up the DVD release... if anyone pays attention to how Lionsgate releases DVDs, you would know what I'm talking about). I'm still...
  16. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    I saw the coolest commercial last night on some odd DTV channel that runs old programming... old by 1980's backwards... I was watching the A Team... anyway, it was a Kool-Aid commercial that featured Bugs Bunny and the Monkees. I will say Bugs was pretty under used there. He basically said...
  17. D

    "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

    Considering they're sorta disappearing everywhere, not surprised you asked it. FYE is sort of like the Mall music and video store... sort of like what Suncoast and Sam Goody used to be. If they merged or were bought out or whatever, I don't know. But that place is all sorts of pricey. I...
  18. D

    "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

    Suggested retail price. What you'd likely see at FYE or somewhere. Most movies do retail for that much, but Target, Best Buy and even a lot of local places usually have them for much, much less. Still.... I'm surprised they're charging over 20 bucks for it. What are they doing? Charging by...
  19. D

    Up discussion (Possible spoilers)

    After Finding Nemo and Sharktale, everyone wanted to do a CGI fish cartoon thing. We had ones with decent budgets, and ones by ugly little Brazilian start up companies. At least that one has some room for the benefit of the doubt. But these studios make ones that are like 2 or three letters...
  20. D

    Happy Birthday To Donald Duck!

    The BEST thing to come out of Disney, man... Right up there with Goofy. Nothin' beats Disney ducks. I want that to be a specific brand now... like Disney babies, Princesses, and Heroes... Disney Ducks. An' I'm talkin' Donald, Scrooge, Gladstone Gander (tho that's technically a goose)...
Top