Search results

  1. D

    Disney acquires Marvel Entertainment

    I really don't want to go here... but.... (and this pains me to talk about the Muppets popularity in this way) Unlike the Muppets or Saban's back catalog, Marvel would be big enough for people to notice something was missing if Disney didn't do anything. Especially now, when people love...
  2. D

    Sesame "Muppet Diplomacy" in the news

    Herald... do what I'm about to do... put him in your ignore box. Clearly, one would have more luck arguing with a paper bag. This member does nothing but troll around and moan and whine about how any intelligent or innocent conversation bothers him supposedly. Ignoring is the best medicine...
  3. D

    Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

    What did win, out of curiosity? That's pretty... odd to hear. I don't understand why they put it in the middle of mid-season replacements when no one's really watching. No wonder they had to make it a circus that year I've complained about.
  4. D

    Sesame "Muppet Diplomacy" in the news

    This from the guy who derails thread with his foot and tickle fetishes on a FAMILY WEBSITE. I;m sorry, but you clearly have NO knowledge of how American kid's programming works. Why do I think they're constantly pressured? Because EVERY kid's show is constantly pressured by tiny, annoying...
  5. D

    Who Misses Oreo Os?

    Oh man... that thing with the grannies, man... Yeah, it was for a Post Waffle type cereal... Waffle Crisp I think... but you know what website is your best friend for cereal characters? This one
  6. D

    Sesame "Muppet Diplomacy" in the news

    It's not that you haven't made a point somewhere in there... but when the heck did I say that it was a crime ridden slum? I said it was an inner city apartment, as opposed to a suburban street where Hoopers should be replaced by a Starbucks. It really seems the message of talking to these...
  7. D

    Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

    I really think it was a great achievement, and it was great he got that award... but it seemed that the Emmy producers didn't think that was half as important as talking to every single soap star about their favorite brand of commercial advertised project or whatever. The whole production was a...
  8. D

    Disney acquires Marvel Entertainment

    Attendance is down cuz no one can afford it. 100 bucks a ticket? people can barely afford 10 bucks for a movie ticket now. But I agree... what does Marvel get out of this? Other than the 4 million. I mean, the comic book industry is pretty strong now... at least the mainstream ones...
  9. D

    Disney acquires Marvel Entertainment

    I'm... just...confused. Really. I think Marvel was in strong enough shape to stand by itself at this point. I agree about those movies, Sony pressured them to put in too many villains (Venom especially) in Spidey 3. But these were partnerships. This is a buy out. It sounds like it could go...
  10. D

    Getting the Jokes (Ten years later)

    Not quite the Muppet show... but I didn't get the Sesame Street character "I.M. Pig" for the longest time. And I'm sure kids who's parents aren't architect students wouldn't either.
  11. D

    Disney acquires Marvel Entertainment

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_bi_ge/us_disney_marvel_entertainment uh... yeah. Like no comment.
  12. D

    The first Muppet Show Comic compilation book is out now.

    I thumbed through a copy yesterday, and it was a very good looking compilation. In fact, the compilation retails for 10 bucks... that's cheaper than actually buying the 4 comic books separately. I've noticed many many other graphic novel compilations do quite the opposite, and even take stuff...
  13. D

    Some people are so closed minded

    To this day, I contend the show was only popular because it was ironic. People watched it ironically because of the Jerry Falwell nonsense (if he kept his mouth shut, no one would have watched, and it would have been a flop) and the fact that it was so psychedelic. I remember a Robotman and...
  14. D

    Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

    So... this time they ACTUALLY gave them a great, well deserved tribute... unlike what Carol got... like a 1 minute bunch of clips from the technical ghetto Emmys they use for Children's Programming (which isn't as important as Judge Judy... why that thing's been on nigh 10 years... what an...
  15. D

    Sesame "Muppet Diplomacy" in the news

    Heck... if they showed Fat Albert in this day and age, he would be called Thin, active, Healthy Albert... and he'd probably be white. And these days, the problem didn't "disapear"... it just got worse. SW is supposedly making a special Listen, Talk, Connect special about how the economy is...
Top