Search results

  1. D

    Mr. Hooper plays Pac-Man

    Not quite related... but as he was a Muppet Show guest: the second commercial here features Don Knotts
  2. D

    What's With the Sudden Obsession with Llamas?

    I feel Dinos are Evergreen (but that's a bias on my part because there has never been anything on this Earth as cool as a Dino. Not even gorillas, and I love gorillas). But they do manage to have spikes in popularity from time to time. They were big in the 80's... bet they were in the 70's...
  3. D

    Controversial Topics

    Let's not forget the blue collar stuff usually gets shipped to another country so they can cheat the system and pay whatever they want and offer no benefits. But that's another story all together. Problem is all the jobs your supposed to get after college fill up the day after graduation...
  4. D

    Controversial Topics

    You want a controversial discussion about unemployment, huh? Brief rundown, corporations own our immortal souls, and it's been that way for decades now, and it all imploded at once, so one of the few people who weren't 100% responsible for it gets in charge, can't fix it fast enough, and...
  5. D

    What is WRONG with some people?

    UGH! those kind of old people are the WORST! They whine and moan and complain about how the younger generation is so entitled, and they feel they're just as entitled because they were entitled when they were younger and don't want to share anything with anyone because that means people aren't...
  6. D

    Follow That Bird merchandise - I has a happy

    Eh... it's like 2 songs or something. Highly collectible as a collectible, totally redundant otherwise. Can't remember exactly which 2 songs, but I think Easy Going Day is one of them.
  7. D

    Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

    Parody of Heroes, obviously. Skeeter's the Mexican girl who kills people by crying from the second season.
  8. D

    What is WRONG with some people?

    I don't see how it's WW3 if everyone's generally agreeing with each other. But to get back to your point, there is a sense of greed and entitlement that really kept growing in the last decade, and it caused everything to basically collapse. And while I would say politically, it causes...
  9. D

    Sesame Street didn't really start having significant changes until the early 1980s

    We of course can't forget the changes outside of SS, that caused the show to change drastically... again, competition. They had to bring in a team to deal with Barney... and then they've been mucking around with the newer seasons because of the obvious. SS was created at a time when there was...
  10. D

    Oh Where, Oh Where has my Muppets gone?

    I really don't see why we haven't had Link come back in any form outside of one long gone video game. Of course, Link never had all that big of a role in ANY of the Muppet Movies, and I'm sure if there was a TV show going on now, he'd be somewhere. I'd really love to see him in a viral...
  11. D

    Muppet Beach Towel

    you are... I mentioned this here It's pretty nice stuff... Pepe is on them (which I find pretty important). I don't bother with those aluminum bottles (you can ONLY drink plain water with them. Read the labels)
  12. D

    What is WRONG with some people?

    No police... we (and by we I mean certain politicians) wasted all the budget on a certain you know what that's been going on almost 8 years and one that went on 10 that I can't mention. And of course, if people want the police, they're gonna have to pay taxes, and NO ONE feels they need to...
  13. D

    Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

    That's why we have this thread... one of the mods who was ALSO sick of it decided to put his foot down. And I can't blame him.
  14. D

    Sesame Street didn't really start having significant changes until the early 1980s

    When someone that big leaves any project, you're gonna have to scramble to get things to a basic normalcy. The muppets were hit hard when Henson passed, and they've been struggling to have the same voice for some time now. And every time they just about get a close approximation, some odd...
  15. D

    What is WRONG with some people?

    Do you know the sad part? Those people could win parent of the year compared to some of the sheer idiocy (and sometimes downright evil hatefulness) of certain parents. I can tell you horror stories, but I don't want to bring any up. And of course I can bring up the whole, If you want to adopt...
  16. D

    Sesame Street didn't really start having significant changes until the early 1980s

    I never really thought about it... but as you pointed it out, the only major changes were subtle. Though I still think the biggest change from the first 3 years was dropping the "goofy adult" comedy segments (Larry and Phylis et al) due to the increase of more Muppet characters. And in all...
  17. D

    Now that AVATAR and CLASH OF THE TITANS are huge hits...

    Only if it has blistering 3-D for the sake of 3-D effects. Hey, you're the one that mentioned Avatar and Clash of the Titans. :D
  18. D

    TMTM logic

    That's an excellent way to put it. Personally, I always hated the "I got amnesia" bit (especially when it's just an excuse, as I said, to rerun old clips to make a "new" episode), and MTM is the only time I really excuse it. I did like that Captain N episode where the villains tried to take...
  19. D

    Your Thoughts: Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures DVD

    Ooh... ones that haven't aired yet. I will definitely pick this one up.
  20. D

    Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

    You know... after reading Family Reunion, I had a thought... it really would have been something if they indeed made Skeeter an actual Muppet Character for the show Muppets Tonight, since Scooter was years from getting a preliminary recast. I could have seen her in Scooter's role (Clifford's...
Top