Search results

  1. D

    Controversial Topics

    Strange... I spend 50 something bucks to go to a convention to spend money. And of course, to watch Dracula: Sovereign of the D'd. Really. That is the second dumbest vampire movie ever. I gotta admit, I don't hate Sex and the City. My sister made me watch it last summer, and she really...
  2. D

    Finally! ! !

    Actually... I wondered why the heck this was taking so long, and I realized something. This is the THIRD company that Classic Media had to sub-license properties to for releases. Sony Wonder went under, and I'm sure that had something to do with it. Then everything was all nice and good with...
  3. D

    Controversial Topics

    This is one of those "It works for Mr. X but it doesn't work for Mr. Y" type of deals. It depends on the person and how they react to social situations. Personally, I don't really click with people well personally or digitally. This message board, my deviantArt and my Youtube Poop account...
  4. D

    Muppet Pook-a-Looz

    Exactly. Something that looks like that... if not, something with an open mouth. Pepe NEEDS to be on more stuff. Sure, we have a couple action figures a push puppet and that Jack in the Box kid's meal figure, but the only plush was that Nanco carny/arcade/claw machine one.
  5. D

    Muppet Pook-a-Looz

    Sw that beach towel months ago, then didn't... must have accidentally put those things out earlier than they were supposed to. There's also one of those metal water bottles too. Same design. Great to see these things are getting good buzz behind them. I'm REALLY hoping they do a Pepe. He's...
  6. D

    It's Official... They Ran Out of Ideas...

    I don't even see the point of a remake anyway. Isn't the whole fun of Nightmare on Elm Street to be sequelled over and over again? Even though he wasn't the director, Michael Bay should be banned from making anything bigger than a sandwich for himself ever again. I mean, South Park NAILED...
  7. D

    Finally! ! !

    Kick buttery! Nothing is finer than those great ol' Jay Ward toons. I hope I can still find season 3 in print. And I'd LOVE to have someone release an OFFICIAL Hoppity Hooper set at some point. None of thise East West Stuff. Gotta say, the discription bugs me... Nnn- I'm sorry, but...
  8. D

    Does anyone find it odd that there was NO 40th anniversary TV special for the Show ?

    I found the 40th anniversary stuff to be hit or miss. A great coffee table book (which I can't afford), a great DVD and CD set, crummy kiddy toys. I liked Fisher Price's plush, but overpriced remolds of old figures, and a lousy variety of them? Ball...dropped. I mean, sure, last time we were...
  9. D

    "Power of the Dark Crystal" feature production launches in Australia

    I agree to what you said right there. Plus... well, when it comes to 3-D, I want something where the 3-D aides the story, but doesn't detract from anything if you're seeing it 2-D. I want to see a movie that just so happens to feature 3-D special effects, not 3-D special effects that just so...
  10. D

    Does anyone find it odd that there was NO 40th anniversary TV special for the Show ?

    That IS a part of that too, but a very small part. Most of their allotted funds go to the adult programming. They don't even have children's pledge months anymore. One time they tried to consolidate their entire children's budget into a month (at least here... and our WGBH produces a LOT of...
  11. D

    Does anyone find it odd that there was NO 40th anniversary TV special for the Show ?

    Those were funded by outside sources too, let's not forget that. And honestly, talking to kids about coping with the fact they're going to live in poverty because of some idiots and blood suckers is a lot more important than a self congratulatory thing like that. Plus, i swear PBS didn't...
  12. D

    Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

    No thanks to the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton version. As a kid who's mother listened to nothing but musicals, you get an unfortunate eye and ear for what's good. The Tim Burton version was good, but all and all the only thing that made it superior to the stage version was the extreme increase in...
  13. D

    It's Official... They Ran Out of Ideas...

    I'm not surprised. And not even the fact it's a remake. That could go either way. I'm not surprised because it was directed by Michael Bay! How does Freddy kill everyone in this movie? large explosions in 3-D? Heh... every so often they get overconfident that a Saturday night Live...
  14. D

    Beautiful Animation! Anyone seen it?

    Nah! I'd rather watch crummy animation... puts Super Mario 3 Cartoon "Misadventures in babysitting" up on Youtube... Really. That episode especially is almost as bad as Clutch Cargo!
  15. D

    Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

    I want the Dorombo gang to SUE Team Rocket! :D
  16. D

    Muppet King Arthur

    Really closed this one up with a bang, with such a believably Kermity style as well. not saying how it ends, but you know ol' Kermit. He wants to make everyone happy. Even the fact that Robin was Mordred was handled in a believably in character way. I'm actually kinda bummed it's over...
  17. D

    Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

    Admit it. You guys are trying to make me go bankrupt, aren't you? :D Boy! Lucky I checked out 2 comic stores today. I managed to get both King Arthur and Family Reunion. I'm sure that we'd have seen Andy and Randy somehow in this series... I guess this is supposed to take place during the...
  18. D

    Pirates of the Small Green-Screen Lake, LOL

    I feel and always felt a Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is inadvisable. When films tend to go beyond the trilogy stage, they make some pretty lousy films. Look at Rocky 4. What the heck was up with that stupid robot? Let alone the tired 1980's Anti-Russia message the movie thinly veiled...
  19. D

    2011 Calendar - Is it this?

    This is at least more interesting than the same old stock photos we see all the time on everything else. I really liked how the 2006 calendar had those little Circus sideshow posters on them... though, honestly, I wish it was ONLY the sideshow posters and no photo footage.
  20. D

    Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

    So, you don't want Dastardly and Muttley to capture that insufferable pigeon? I do.
Top