Search results

  1. D

    Need help identifying Ernie toy/figure...

    Trust me on this... don't try to track down Bert. There IS NO Bert. if memory suits me, this was part of a three figure series by Tyco. Something to the extent of "My First Action Figure" or something to that extent. There was also an Elmo and a Big Bird. I saw these years ago at KB and...
  2. D

    Do-"Op"?

    I dunno. Since when is Pinball Number Count called "12 and Pinball animation?" They categorize things in pretty silly ways.
  3. D

    My contribution to fan art

    Pancho and his Onions
  4. D

    Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

    It was plugged in the Muppet King Arthur thread. And if you REALLY want Ducktales comics, I suggest buying the Uncle Scrooge series. There isn't any Webby, Launchpad, or Mrs. Beakly, and the Beagle Boys don't have individual personalities, but these comics are what Ducktales came from...
  5. D

    Does anyone find it odd that there was NO 40th anniversary TV special for the Show ?

    Walking Tour of Sesame Street hosted by James Earl Jones. Answered your question right there. I'm sure there would have been a 40th special but SW is having a budget crisis, and PBS would rather run self help specials that are not infomercials by any definition at all :rolleyes: , Irish...
  6. D

    The Muppets Win Big at the Webbys!

    If Disney has any little doubts left about the movie, they should be erased by 2 consecutive Webby wins. If that isn't a sure fire reason for them to get started, I don't know what is. I'm REALLY hoping they get the Will Eisner Award for the comic as well.
  7. D

    Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

    Eh... not really. I manage to get the issues within a week. And it's only a 2 dollar or so difference between that and the Graphic novel. I definitely could stand to wait for some of their other licenses (I wait for sales to pick up other Boom comics). Otherwise I'd have to wait for some...
  8. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    heh... Quite possibly. That seems extremely logical now that you mention it. I wonder if Cheapest was ever going to be made or not anyway. Like if these guys didn't approach Disney about the movie. Would Disney have done a film anyway? I really hope they can keep the flow of merchandising...
  9. D

    Smurfs Movie Info

    It can't even get close to where the series was unless they chuck the whole thing out and start over. They NEED to make this the way paramount was planning, with someone who actually knows how to write a Smurfs movie. let's not forget, this is BIGGER than some merchandise driven 1980's kiddy...
  10. D

    Smurfs Movie Info

    Hey! What do you expect? These are the same type of execs that think kids love the same idiotic talking dog movies that come out year after year after year. I just love when these execs think Kid's movie = movie for drooling slow witted 2 year olds that clap like idiots when the lights dim...
  11. D

    Smurfs Movie Info

    Yeah... Now it looks like it's taking place in New York Wow! Not even keeping it in Belgium, which at LEAST had connection to the creators. I hate this movie now. Thanks for nothing. Really. How hard can it be to make a Medieval Fantasy movie for kids to like that you had to go and...
  12. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    I guess that Greatest actually had a working screenplay and script, when Cheapest only had old treatments that clearly needed to be updated.
  13. D

    Muppet King Arthur

    You made my day in ways you can't imagine right now! :D
  14. D

    Things I learned from Jim Henson

    There is no more dangerous logic than "There will always be more! That's what more means!" I know that's technically after Jim, but it still was one of his companies projects, and I think he would have agreed.
  15. D

    Sesame Street TV References

    The Simpsons did it again. Last night, the city of Springfield had hundreds of surveillance cameras planted all over town, and Marge was one of the concerned citizens prying on everyone's business. Marge decides to go home, because she finds it an unsuitable place for Maggie. She replies...
  16. D

    Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

    If we had an honest to goodness "Best of" series that featured clips of ONLY that character and someone else, I'd really want to see someone try a Telly. or at LEAST an Oscar. But the problem is, and I hate a good deal of the Best ofs for this, they use clips of either "look what celebrity...
  17. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Scooter was the character that was subject to the annoying 1980's "gang of kids" cartoon trope where one of them HAD to be a nerd. And of course, his sister being the other forced trope, the athletic kid. I could imagine the eager young go getter Scooter as vaugley nerdy. Maybe he was that...
  18. D

    Free Comic Book Day: Fraggle Rock Comic

    Yeah... They had offered a LOT more than was previously advertised. I had to (as usual) go to multiple outlets to get as many of the comics as I wanted (accidentally picking up a couple crappy NOT REALLY COMICS comics), but I managed to get 2 copies of the free Fraggle Rock. Of course, they...
Top