Search results

  1. D

    Labyrinth 2 Return to the Labyrinth

    I'm not a bit Lion, Witch and Wardrobe fan, but if there's one thing I know, it's that Walden Media is incapable of making a good film. Though, you gotta give them credit. At least they don't look like cheap 1990's cable telefilms like all their other stuff tends to become. But then again...
  2. D

    Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

    Wait... they have these at the Disney Store? If so, that's pretty sweet (though, I'd rather get the Darkwing Duck set due to there being slim to no chance any other Duck Knight stuff will ever come out ) I can't check until I can get a ride to a mall that has one. The only Mall I can...
  3. D

    Shalom Sesame: Passover

    They showed the rest for a full week, I forget which ones... but I tell you what I missed, and I'd almost pay the fortune to get the DVD... Jerry Stiller. Of course, I didn't appreciate or even know him then (and I only knew his wife through ALF)... but Jerry Stiller makes EVERYTHING grand...
  4. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    I don't want to see a 2. There has NEVER been a Muppet 2 of any of the movies... unless you count MTI being a semi-follow up to MCC. That's the magic. They can take the characters and put them in different wacky situations without having to follow any bothersome stuff like continuity or...
  5. D

    "The Draidle Game"

    Not even Shalom Sesame, even in the older episodes made for older kids, mentioned the complexities of the Jewish religion. They did mention some biblical stories, and the new one got a little specific about Purim in this skit... but they tend to shy away from the complex. That's for...
  6. D

    Labyrinth 2 Return to the Labyrinth

    That's the problem. Where's the line between continuing a story and milking something? We can't see it anymore. But even if a sequel sucks the only way it hurts the integrity of the first film(s) is if you let it. You can always ignore those films easily. There are great sequels, some...
  7. D

    "The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

    I swear... seems like I'm the only one (especially as someone who thinks the original LT cartoons were untouchable and unmatchable in quality) who's really enjoying these. Jeff's Daffy is sounding a lot better than it did in the first preview clip, I'm loving Fred's Speedy... other than that...
  8. D

    "The Draidle Game"

    I never got that coloring book where Jesus was nailed up to the cross. I'm sure one exists... but I remember seeing a LOT of nativity books, and none of them really said "he's going to be the savior of humanity" outright. This is a way to get preschoolers into the faith without adding any...
  9. D

    "The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

    As someone who watched the "Very Gilly Christmas" special for the Kermit appearance AND the handful of old skits, I just... well... I don't think she's funny or that talented. Even in the great film Forgetting Sarah Marshall, he sequence just drug the film down. Though... I will admit, she...
  10. D

    Shalom Sesame: Passover

    I dunno why... when the 1988 series (and I was really young then) came about, the dubbing didn't seem to bother me at all... but somehow, when I saw the revival episodes they were very jarring (Pinball Number Count especially, due to the lack of rhythm). And that kept me from seeing later...
  11. D

    "The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

    Ugh... my only Humbug about this series is that they recast Lola Bunny with Kristen Wiig. Blehh! She makes everything unfunny.
  12. D

    NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

    The story was about Andy getting another Buzz Lightyear figure by mistake, and then returning it to the store. Unfortunately, THAT Buzz Lightyear was as bad as Buzz when he first reached Andy, and Andy's actual Buzz got packed up in the box to be returned... Andy returned it for a Booster, and...
  13. D

    Muppet Comics Cancelled?

    Wake up to this... we got SCREWED out of a great comics series. I've been massively supportive of EVERYTHING DIsney has done up to this point... the Virmups were amazing, releasing the show on DVD, and then releasing the rest of the series uncut due to complaints, The Pookalooz (the Muppet...
  14. D

    "The Draidle Game"

    The special stunk for being a cheap clip show anyway... I'm surprised they got as far as they did. Talking about the life and times of Jesus is a little out of reach for the show... sure, they talked almost in depth about the Hanukkah story, but they left a lot out (Shalom Sesame's...
  15. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    In the actual book the episode is based off of (and believe me, I had it, and I read it all the time, so I almost know it by heart)... this is when they actually met Brain... and he brought comics with him on the trip... that's sort of how they became friends, I believe. Plus he was MUUUUUCH...
  16. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    I'm just happy Shout is doing cartoons again. How many forgotten 1970's and 80's sitcoms that lasted 5 episodes yet had a cult following for some reason can one company release? They're also doing, not related to Nickelodeon, Conan the Adventurer, if anyone likes that.
  17. D

    NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

    If I didn't see that episode of Batman TAS that had a flashback with Jonah Hex in it, I wouldn't even have known it was a comic book character, tell you the truth. There are quite a lot of DC characters, no question... but the question is, how do you make a coherent movie out of them? Me...
  18. D

    My contribution to fan art

    I was hoping someone got the reference. That is INDEED why I coupled both of them together.
  19. D

    Fraggle Rock comics - round 2!

    The first 2 were original stories, the second one is infamously bad... the first one does nothing but have the characters run around and introduce themselves... you can actually read the first issue at Muppet Wikia The artwork is good, but other than that, it's basically a contractual...
  20. D

    So is Tina Fey Trying to Ditch Her Glasses?

    vomits profusely.... eh... stickin' with glasses.
Top