Search results

  1. D

    English cartoons that can't be dubbed....

    Ah, that's 4Kids being all "culturally ambiguous" again (actual words I was once told by one of their voice actors). Now, I'm not one of those anime fans that whine, complain, or moan about how evil that company is (mismanaged, yes... and it was just as much Toei's fault as theirs that...
  2. D

    Why people dislike modern Sesame Street

    I've said all too many times, Abby's potential as a character is hindered by her role as the girl character mascot. Same deal with Elmo. The characters seem to have friend of a friend stuck with each other when that friend has to leave early, and then awkwardly have to hang out with each other...
  3. D

    Muppet Comics Cancelled?

    It's not even quality that gets me, just the fact that we haven't seen any plans for anything else just yet. And if we get those plans, I'll shut up. If we don't, all I get is an I told you so that I don't even want to have. The bit of worry doesn't stem from Muppet plans, it stems from the...
  4. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    Movie trailers generally premiere with specific movies, even before they hit the net (same day at least). Television trailers (with the exception of Super Bowls) usually tend to come out a month, maybe 2 at the earliest before the film. I've yet to see Cars 2 or POTC 4 on television yet...
  5. D

    "The Draidle Game"

    There WAS a Fat Albert, though. It's for older kids, and I'm sure they'd understand better. I forget the title, but the parents were constantly fighting. To the extent the father starts making nasty remarks about the mother "spending all my money." of course, the kid runs away, and Fat...
  6. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    Well, late or not late, it's a bad time to advertise movies. Again, movies that are released in August are doomed to failure. August is when the fall style films (semi-indie) come out. Kid's movies don't fair well. I bet if G.I. Joe wasn't dumped off in August, people would have remembered a...
  7. D

    Muppet Comics Cancelled?

    I do have a problem with the lack of discussion and how any slightly negative opinion equates no support to how anything is being handled. Now, again, I've been pretty happy with how Disney was doing things up until just now... even with Marvel, they weren't intrusive and let them do what they...
  8. D

    NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

    ...which is basically my point. I don't see how magazines, single issues or multiple issues are going to go even further than the comic. I know it's waaaay too early to tell, but it really seems the best we're going to do on the magazine front is a one shot just before the movie, and they'll...
  9. D

    Plush Fraggle Bobble Head Dolls

    Innovative and kinda cute... but I really don't like the yellow eyelids on Red. I'd love it if Funko bothered getting the license so we could get plastic ones as well... or even if someone gave us ceramic ones, those are okay too. But it's nice to have Manhattan give us something at a...
  10. D

    NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

    All I'm asking for is a Muppet Magazine, even a one shot full of new comics and new articles. Something that makes me WANT to buy it and support it. Dave Álvarez... remember him and his wonderful Muppet Fan comics? Wouldn't you love to see large one page of comics similar to his? Wouldn't...
  11. D

    Muppet Comics Cancelled?

    You know what's absolutely awesome and I'm completely not sick and tired to death of? Trying to have a conversation, having some one "maturely" and "reasonably" waste everyone's time calling me out, having to explain myself through logic and rationality why I disagree.... THEN not having anyone...
  12. D

    The Muppet Mindset

    And it's the LAST time I'm giving an opinion on ANYTHING, believe you me.
  13. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    Yep... Mrs. Tibble WAS human, and she was introduced in "Arthur's Halloween" basically using the old "The old loney woman in the huge mansion is not a witch no matter how much she looks like one" bit (that was stolen from Fat Albert... wonder if that stole it from anywhere else) so naturally...
  14. D

    Shalom Sesame: Passover

    Turns out I was creeped out of dubbing completely at that age (either as a result of this or not, I can't tell)... and it took a few years to get over it. What ALSO drove me mad was... remember that Episode of Animaniacs where the opening was completely in French and COMPLETELY off key? yeah...
  15. D

    "The Draidle Game"

    The problem with Divorce is the WAY they handled it. They had the same concept in the show Arthur, BUT they got it right. How? It happened in the past and was referenced every so often. Buster's Dad and Mother split up before the show, they never really explained why, but they managed to...
  16. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    And Binky actually WANTED to punch Arthur's Tooth in. Only other major difference I can think of at the top of my head was the fact they put in a Power Rangers parody. I think I flipped through it, and the story ended before she joins the sleepover. That I know. I remember most of the...
  17. D

    English cartoons that can't be dubbed....

    I almost felt sorry for the people who dubbed Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, but they manage to make EVERYTHING work, even if it was completely overAmericanized... Anytime I see a dead on subtitled translation of something, there's 5 editor's notes on the screen saying "This means that and sounds like...
  18. D

    Is It Normal For A Diz Film To Have No Hype?

    When something's popular, someone's going to run it into the ground... either the company that introduced it or a wannabe. That's why there's a hundred million "different" Judge programs on during the day time (okay, I'm exaggerating... they only have ten million). Here's something...
  19. D

    English cartoons that can't be dubbed....

    You're thinking of things that can't translate correctly, right? There's a lot of stuff that can't translate due to lack of interest or unreliability. I can list so many Japanese and European shows and movies that we'll never get (that I've seen... Nyah nyah! ;) )due to the complications of...
  20. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    Not quite. I think I either read or had the book... I can't remember if it had the same subplot about going to Grandma's birthday party, but I do know the fairy tale theme wasn't present in the restaurant outside of the kid's menu. But the most prominent change is that D.W. isn't exactly happy...
Top